Subject: Re: bug#72224: Two bugs in windows operating system

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 21 Jul 2024 11:54:35 +0300

tags 72224 unreproducible moreinfo
thanks

> Date: Sat, 20 Jul 2024 12:50:34 +0000
> From:  yellowPolyp via "Bug reports for GNU Emacs,
>  the Swiss army knife of text editors" <[email-masked]>
> 
> There are two bugs in GNU Emacs running on Windows OS. 

It is better to report each issue in a separate bug report, so that
they are easier to track.

> First, When Emacs is opened in terminal mode, it displays some dark colors as 'green'. Usually these dark color has G and B which is bigger than 0. I think that it's related to `w32console`. 

This is not a bug.  Emacs on TTY frames transparently approximates the
colors using the available ones, the ones that the terminal actually
supports, in this case it maps them to the 16 available colors.  One
deliberate feature of this mapping is that non-gray colors are
preferred, so that the probability of a color to be mapped to a
distinct non-gray color is higher.  What you see is a side effect of
that deliberate design.

> Second, when I start dynamic programs like `sh` or `gdb` using `start-process`, Emacs shows error `starting child process:invalid argument`. This makes commands like `term` and `compile` unusable. 

I cannot reproduce this.  Please show a detailed recipe starting from
"emacs -Q".  Please also tell which version of Emacs are you using and
how you invoke Emacs.