Subject: [bug#72219] [PATCH 00/34] Astronomy update 2024/07

From: Sharlatan Hellseher <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Jul 2024 23:39:09 +0100

Hi Guix!

Non of the Windows upgrades whoopsy could stop me to prepare a patch series on
this day because it's 20th of the current month and it's time for new Astro
packages and refreshing exiting ones to the latest versions ^.-

Let's starts from main highlights:
- stellarium is refreshed to the latest upstream version, it's a lovely
  virtual observatory.
- CFITSIO is on the latest available version, quite a de facto software widely
  used developing by NASA
- Initiation of bringing <https://glueviz.org/> to Guix
- More packages from Astropy affilated list
  <https://www.astropy.org/affiliated/registry.json>
- License checked for Guix <https://github.com/iraf-community/iraf/issues/403>

I've introduced python-pandas.  Maybe someone from Python team would have tie
to check the build against the latest version.

- added [10/10]
  - [X] python-ads :: Python client to NASA's Astrophysics Data System
  - [X] python-dunamai :: Dynamic version generation
  - [X] python-echo :: Callback Properties in Python
  - [X] python-glue-core :: Multidimensional data visualization project
  - [X] python-kanon :: History of astronomy
  - [X] python-looseversion :: Version numbering for anarchists and software
    realists
  - [X] python-mpl-scatter-density :: Matplotlib helpers to make density
    scatter plots
  - [X] python-poetry-dynamic-versioning :: Poetry plugin enabling VCS tags
    dynamic versioning
  - [X] python-sbpy :: Python module for small-body planetary astronomy
  - [X] python-sncosmo :: Package for supernova cosmology based on astropy

- updated [16/16]
  - [X] cfitsio :: 4.4.1->4.4.1
  - [X] python-asdf :: 3.2.0->3.3.0
  - [X] python-asdf-zarr :: 0.0.3->0.0.4
  - [X] python-astropy-iers-data :: 0.2024.6.17.0.31.35->0.2024.7.15.0.31.42
  - [X] python-crds :: 11.17.25->11.17.26
  - [X] python-czml3 :: 0.7.0->1.0.1
  - [X] python-extension-helpers :: 1.0.0->1.1.1
  - [X] python-jwst :: 1.14.0->1.15.1
  - [X] python-photutils :: 1.12->1.13.0
  - [X] python-pytest-openfiles :: 0.5.0->0.6.0
  - [X] python-stdatamodels :: 1.10.1->2.0.0
  - [X] python-stpipe :: 0.5.2->0.6.0
  - [X] python-sunpy :: 5.1.4->5.1.5
  - [X] python-tweakwcs :: 0.8.7->0.8.8
  - [X] skymaker :: 4.2.0-0.1a69c47->3.10.5, upstream applied proper tag.
  - [X] stellarium :: 24.1->24.2

Next month continue with IRAF tests,
bringing more Glue's projects.

Build stats:
--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
> ./pre-inst-env guix build python-sncosmo python-looseversion python-glue-core
  python-mpl-scatter-density python-echo python-sbpy python-ads python-kanon
  python-poetry-dynamic-versioning python-dunamai python-fast-histogram
  python-tweakwcs python-sunpy python-stdatamodels python-stpipe
  python-pytest-openfiles python-extension-helpers python-photutils python-jwst
  python-czml3 python-crds python-astropy-iers-data python-asdf-zarr python-asdf
  stellarium skymaker cfitsio [email-masked] [email-masked]

/gnu/store/ns119hfqrd7kz0af3qlf7b9ir2mpqk1g-python-pluggy-1.5.0
/gnu/store/v9y084shj351x9s1dlzr6dl032c0g5dn-python-pytest-8.2.2
/gnu/store/36zj3j2n36kdi2xwi1zls3jsblcdp5jq-cfitsio-4.4.1
/gnu/store/1pi4qc8qvs8jinjvhrnsxwh3maz6gykc-skymaker-3.10.5
/gnu/store/9zpxqd2rwckzy6xi9wmlpq489a3b84ll-stellarium-24.2
/gnu/store/fkdybvr09dm1pvxqic0rsx0pzrk89mrx-python-asdf-3.3.0
/gnu/store/ysqyz642y6hqvkybb7jg9p6m8700w373-python-asdf-zarr-0.0.4
/gnu/store/s8vc67v9ddv5min3c67ydans6vzf4092-python-astropy-iers-data-0.2024.7.15.0.31.42
/gnu/store/jdl0g478f57i7lrbanjp5n0x3q0naanj-python-crds-11.17.26
/gnu/store/zvmv2y4cwbyjchza5qihnijpmjyhwx93-python-czml3-1.0.1
/gnu/store/sfhvcb3mgb9xwbypnj98nyyqfy1hw4wx-python-jwst-1.15.1
/gnu/store/969qhwxdqz7zbpfgskik45p3bdxdx2ps-python-photutils-1.13.0
/gnu/store/sfh1dycvwpi0p6xf3m8cakpqmgw86f3m-python-extension-helpers-1.1.1
/gnu/store/wwybid4chi7y6vmv847p7c2vybsrzlfc-python-pytest-openfiles-0.6.0
/gnu/store/jx1gmdxm2x0cx0bx9f5ll0alqr0q21gc-python-stpipe-0.6.0
/gnu/store/2rs35qldzyjz5pjbnzbzqz5azhk5xrfy-python-stdatamodels-2.0.0
/gnu/store/b576zmal4ayb2jsh92g4csk31sg355b1-python-sunpy-5.1.5
/gnu/store/d0ynp4b2alzwsxvjmyqcxgsgv4xgjh2h-python-tweakwcs-0.8.8
/gnu/store/4p5yj8wrlbbfd4xcshga7gqzarx0fh0y-python-fast-histogram-0.14
/gnu/store/3rxmz18yd4mjskjcvcahksvf2nxnzhnm-python-dunamai-1.21.2
/gnu/store/wy459isgl5w3a7rinvdvh5dikzd304in-python-poetry-dynamic-versioning-1.4.0
/gnu/store/qjwnalk04j3r9bcwbs5zhcrmdki24yh8-python-kanon-0.6.6
/gnu/store/8pa2nx8awqbxfd615mx9fcx23y6m5k2z-python-ads-0.12.6
/gnu/store/kbdfcdflhx2r0rairacm0z166xga4j9c-python-sbpy-0.4.0
/gnu/store/v53plfas0n51p8rvpyihnbd9xapzc1c0-python-echo-0.8.0
/gnu/store/dbzjfyq6vpc44y679pm8v3a01sb84w3q-python-mpl-scatter-density-0.7
/gnu/store/ajmny6xgn3alyqr35q6acwhjs8h8cp6p-python-glue-core-1.21.1
/gnu/store/1gl6kc45997gddfb076d4zp65ziji9pg-python-looseversion-1.3.0
/gnu/store/cxpxslld7ryc92d90r71ar30fdjn0k61-python-sncosmo-2.11.1
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

Dependent build stats:
--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
> ./pre-inst-env guix refresh --list-dependent python-sncosmo
  python-looseversion python-glue-core python-mpl-scatter-density python-echo
  python-sbpy python-ads python-kanon python-poetry-dynamic-versioning
  python-dunamai python-fast-histogram python-tweakwcs python-sunpy
  python-stdatamodels python-stpipe python-pytest-openfiles
  python-extension-helpers python-photutils python-jwst python-czml3 python-crds
  python-astropy-iers-data python-asdf-zarr python-asdf stellarium skymaker
  cfitsio [email-masked] [email-masked]

Building the following 35 packages would ensure 99 dependent packages are
rebuilt: [email-masked] [email-masked] [email-masked] [email-masked]
[email-masked] [email-masked] [email-masked]
[email-masked] [email-masked] [email-masked]
[email-masked] [email-masked] [email-masked] [email-masked] [email-masked]
[email-masked] [email-masked] [email-masked] [email-masked] [email-masked]
[email-masked] [email-masked] [email-masked] [email-masked] [email-masked]
[email-masked] [email-masked]
[email-masked] [email-masked] [email-masked]
[email-masked] [email-masked] [email-masked]
[email-masked] [email-masked]

/gnu/store/ysqyz642y6hqvkybb7jg9p6m8700w373-python-asdf-zarr-0.0.4
/gnu/store/84xcn2nv0fbs1r3mi5bbvk1nizbxw0as-python-jwst-reffiles-1.0.1
/gnu/store/kbdfcdflhx2r0rairacm0z166xga4j9c-python-sbpy-0.4.0
/gnu/store/yj563zbqhj2zbm03fcaj9fxnvcckb4bf-ginga-qt5-5.1.0
/gnu/store/5kssg5pfnqzj9df9rq12sqk2lvq1dgmq-python-statmorph-0.5.7
/gnu/store/9i9x0q1cqyl4b0rfjn1mn03rg7q4cpwk-python-aplpy-2.1.0
/gnu/store/ajmny6xgn3alyqr35q6acwhjs8h8cp6p-python-glue-core-1.21.1
/gnu/store/cs637gjcifi3imm7gj9rfdcqrfpf52wq-python-astroalign-2.5.1
/gnu/store/8wab1lqkbjhadkxrk106j8dyk06hnamz-python-radiospectra-0.5.0
/gnu/store/n6ymz88zf75x5fkivsb1rc1l5pv1bya6-python-asdf-compression-0.0.1-0.57cc7e7
/gnu/store/rkna1j5rkc42ks6xfpxmwl1dr545hv8r-labplot-2.10.1
/gnu/store/djq4rfacn22f7bs18snwawziiv05lkxh-gwenview-24.05.2
/gnu/store/4cza9f5qk8y7326i28ljv904hsavq8mi-julia-fitsio-0.17.1
/gnu/store/klrrb07aysli7pr90v9rlqbk9bbbkdm8-phd2-2.6.13
/gnu/store/8nmxsypv7syl1v568cfi972k997bjmah-glnemo2-1.21.0
/gnu/store/qiqm65f1gpwqvb4354562k4cmk5vnnba-sextractor-2.28.0
/gnu/store/zn15n151bl873q6z5pw2vmrxxjq91g9g-julia-wcs-0.6.2
/gnu/store/9zpxqd2rwckzy6xi9wmlpq489a3b84ll-stellarium-24.2
/gnu/store/rhsp7k9gaf35qhgqwmw4ynfyr0apvv5i-imppg-0.6.5
/gnu/store/i6cmrrfsqdcjdai2aqyx50pgr5c5k7bq-gnuastro-0.22
/gnu/store/q8xal91m54rd6j56jjpfwpkp9hch74f5-swarp-2.41.5
/gnu/store/k0l0j3mh601ihw9jj8ll2dddxakhrr14-indi-2.0.8
/gnu/store/q9vnz58wmrfylzcyfwirn51q4m5w68l3-aoflagger-3.4.0
/gnu/store/nym050j7b129kv55cg9kswlpl4fx13r5-siril-1.2.3
/gnu/store/qjwnalk04j3r9bcwbs5zhcrmdki24yh8-python-kanon-0.6.6
/gnu/store/071mvwx4dlfvm62b09arng6qf6zblj8b-python-naima-0.10.0
/gnu/store/b8i5znj8vh0wz2kq0xcjravvyvvcrbkq-python-poliastro-0.17.0
/gnu/store/y2540nlhvrkc1jyd7dvzlgrmd3mp8x6f-python-astroplan-0.10
/gnu/store/pzyimqdd5rmdn2lhj6f732j5s8plrk27-python-regularizepsf-0.3.4
/gnu/store/cxpxslld7ryc92d90r71ar30fdjn0k61-python-sncosmo-2.11.1
/gnu/store/q5imkcphlwhxincl22j4g4wmgvcw2va1-python-viresclient-0.11.6
/gnu/store/badbkwhfdzwn8ndvwcvdqnhhqsfc4b7z-scamp-2.10.0
/gnu/store/811y20h97ci19mkk1qxaf3v7alfkz83b-python-cesium-0.12.1
/gnu/store/8rkv3a7fywh9bdg8yk4z5jpz45lrrgq8-splash-3.10.3
/gnu/store/ng6yvr2fl556l5l69px8j8ak0m1h5x57-alfa-2.2
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

Sharlatan Hellseher (34):
  gnu: Add python-pluggy-next.
  gnu: Add python-pytest-8.
  gnu: cfitsio: Update to 4.4.1.
  gnu: skymaker: Update to 3.10.5.
  gnu: skymaker: Fix indentation.
  gnu: stellarium: Update to 24.2.
  gnu: python-asdf: Update to 3.3.0.
  gnu: python-asdf-zarr: Update to 0.0.4.
  gnu: python-astropy-iers-data: Update to 0.2024.7.15.0.31.42.
  gnu: python-crds: Update to 11.17.26.
  gnu: python-czml3: Update to 1.0.1.
  gnu: python-czml3: Adjust indentation.
  gnu: python-jwst: Update to 1.15.1.
  gnu: python-photutils: Update to 1.13.0.
  gnu: python-extension-helpers: Update to 1.1.1.
  gnu: python-extension-helpers: Enable tests.
  gnu: python-pytest-openfiles: Update to 0.6.0.
  gnu: python-pytest-openfiles: Simplify package.
  gnu: python-stpipe: Update to 0.6.0.
  gnu: python-stpipe: Improve indentation.
  gnu: python-stdatamodels: Update to 2.0.0.
  gnu: python-sunpy: Update to 5.1.5.
  gnu: python-tweakwcs: Update to 0.8.8.
  gnu: python-fast-histogram: Adjust inputs.
  gnu: Add python-dunamai.
  gnu: Add python-poetry-dynamic-versioning.
  gnu: Add python-kanon.
  gnu: Add python-ads.
  gnu: Add python-sbpy.
  gnu: Add python-echo.
  gnu: Add python-mpl-scatter-density.
  gnu: Add python-glue-core.
  gnu: Add python-looseversion.
  gnu: Add python-sncosmo.

 gnu/packages/astronomy.scm      | 482 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++------
 gnu/packages/check.scm          |  30 ++
 gnu/packages/python-build.scm   |  12 +
 gnu/packages/python-check.scm   |  16 +-
 gnu/packages/python-science.scm |  46 ++-
 gnu/packages/python-xyz.scm     | 211 ++++++++++++--
 6 files changed, 666 insertions(+), 131 deletions(-)

base-commit: 1fa4d658d808202f98003d1488f8e44daee370a9
-- 
2.41.0