Subject: bug#72184: closed (Re: bug#72184: 31.0.50; typescript-ts-mode does not bind RET to newline-and-indent)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sat, 17 Aug 2024 10:13:02 +0000

Your bug report

#72184: 31.0.50; typescript-ts-mode does not bind RET to newline-and-indent

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
72184: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=72184
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#72184: 31.0.50; typescript-ts-mode does not bind RET to newline-and-indent
From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
To: Jostein Kjønigsen <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 17 Aug 2024 13:11:56 +0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> From: Jostein Kjønigsen <[email-masked]>
> Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2024 12:03:25 +0200
> Cc: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>,
>  [email-masked],
>  [email-masked],
>  Yuan Fu <[email-masked]>,
>  Theodor Thornhill <[email-masked]>
> 
> 
> > On 1 Aug 2024, at 02:42, Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]> wrote:
> > 
> > Hi Jostein,
> > 
> > 
> > We've seen this before - take a look at https://debbugs.gnu.org/62717, for example.
> > 
> > In short, some ad-hoc counter-measures can and sometimes are added (proposals welcome), but ultimately when we know we can't reliably distinguish problem situations, or can only detect a minor fraction of them, we're also okay giving up and recommending people use electric-pair-mode for better experience.
> 
> Right. In that case I think I'm fine with just closing this one too.
> 
> It's not causing issues for me on a day-to-day basis, only on a completely clean setup, and I honestly don't think too many programmers are using Emacs that way.

OK, closing.

Subject: 31.0.50; typescript-ts-mode does not bind RET to newline-and-indent
From: Jostein Kjønigsen <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2024 23:05:41 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

When using typescript-ts-mode in a bare config without any custom hooks defined,
RET ends up being bound (by default) to `newline`.

This is suboptimal, given that users typically want newlines to be indented.

RET should instead be bound to `newline-and-indent`.

In GNU Emacs 31.0.50 (build 4, aarch64-apple-darwin23.4.0, NS
 appkit-2487.50 Version 14.4.1 (Build 23E224)) of 2024-07-18 built on
 SOK67R3KWV97
Repository revision: 14bfa9edeb2ba47d0fb930cc708c5e4033100a54
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.2487
System Description:  macOS 14.4.1

Configured using:
 'configure --with-json --with-tree-sitter --with-native-compilation
 PKG_CONFIG_PATH=:/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig:/opt/local/lib/pkgconfig'

Configured features:
ACL GLIB GNUTLS LCMS2 LIBXML2 MODULES NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY KQUEUE NS
PDUMPER PNG RSVG SQLITE3 THREADS TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS TREE_SITTER WEBP
XIM ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LC_CTYPE: UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: ELisp/l

Minor modes in effect:
  bug-reference-prog-mode: t
  elisp-slime-nav-mode: t
  highlight-symbol-mode: t
  flycheck-mode: t
  company-mode: t
  which-function-mode: t
  copilot-mode: t
  editorconfig-mode: t
  helm-mode: t
  helm-minibuffer-history-mode: t
  async-bytecomp-package-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  global-auto-revert-mode: t
  paredit-mode: t
  yas-global-mode: t
  yas-minor-mode: t
  global-nlinum-mode: t
  nlinum-mode: t
  ido-yes-or-no-mode: t
  override-global-mode: t
  server-mode: t
  global-hl-line-mode: t
  pixel-scroll-precision-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  minibuffer-regexp-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  hs-minor-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/Users/josteink/.emacs.d/elpa/transient-20240421.1327/transient hides /Users/josteink/build/emacs/lisp/transient
/Users/josteink/.emacs.d/elpa/editorconfig-20240318.2049/editorconfig hides /Users/josteink/build/emacs/lisp/editorconfig
/Users/josteink/.emacs.d/elpa/editorconfig-20240318.2049/editorconfig-conf-mode hides /Users/josteink/build/emacs/lisp/editorconfig-conf-mode
/Users/josteink/.emacs.d/elpa/editorconfig-20240318.2049/editorconfig-core hides /Users/josteink/build/emacs/lisp/editorconfig-core
/Users/josteink/.emacs.d/elpa/editorconfig-20240318.2049/editorconfig-core-handle hides /Users/josteink/build/emacs/lisp/editorconfig-core-handle
/Users/josteink/.emacs.d/elpa/editorconfig-20240318.2049/editorconfig-fnmatch hides /Users/josteink/build/emacs/lisp/editorconfig-fnmatch

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug em-unix em-term term ehelp em-script
em-prompt em-pred em-ls em-hist em-glob em-extpipe em-cmpl em-dirs
em-basic em-banner em-alias esh-mode esh-var eshell esh-cmd esh-ext
esh-proc esh-opt esh-io esh-arg esh-module esh-module-loaddefs esh-util
helm-command helm-elisp helm-eval edebug helm-info dired-aux image-file
image-converter helm-external helm-net ffap bug-reference two-column
misearch multi-isearch help-fns radix-tree markdown-mode color add-log
combobulate combobulate-yaml combobulate-css combobulate-js-ts
combobulate-python combobulate-html combobulate-ui transient
combobulate-display let-alist combobulate-contrib multiple-cursors
mc-separate-operations rectangular-region-mode mc-mark-pop mc-edit-lines
mc-hide-unmatched-lines-mode mc-mark-more sgml-mode facemenu
mc-cycle-cursors multiple-cursors-core rect combobulate-manipulation
python combobulate-navigation combobulate-misc combobulate-interface
combobulate-rules combobulate-settings tempo elec-pair
typescript-ts-mode js c-ts-common cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus
cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs vc-git
vc-dispatcher winner tramp-archive tramp-gvfs ido-completing-read+
memoize cus-edit cus-start cus-load minibuf-eldef org-duration diary-lib
diary-loaddefs cal-iso disp-table oc-basic ol-eww ol-rmail ol-mhe ol-irc
ol-info ol-gnus nnselect gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime
gnutls dig gnus-sum gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-dbus dbus
gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail mail-source utf7 nnoo gnus-spec gnus-int
gnus-range message sendmail yank-media rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived
epg rfc6068 epg-config mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader gnus-win
ol-docview doc-view jka-compr ol-bibtex bibtex ol-bbdb ol-w3m ol-doi
org-link-doi face-remap org-agenda org-element org-persist org-id
org-element-ast inline avl-tree org-refile elisp-slime-nav
highlight-symbol flycheck company-oddmuse company-keywords company-etags
etags fileloop generator company-gtags company-dabbrev-code
company-dabbrev company-files company-clang company-capf company-cmake
company-semantic company-template company-bbdb company eglot
external-completion flymake compat diff diff-mode track-changes ert pp
ewoc debug backtrace which-func hideshow copilot copilot-balancer
editorconfig editorconfig-core editorconfig-core-handle
editorconfig-fnmatch f dash s jsonrpc eww url-queue shr pixel-fill
kinsoku url-file svg xml dom puny mm-url gnus nnheader gnus-util
mail-utils range wid-edit mm-util mail-prsvr helm-imenu helm-mode
helm-misc helm-files image-dired image-dired-tags image-dired-external
image-dired-util image-mode dired dired-loaddefs exif tramp trampver
tramp-integration files-x tramp-message tramp-compat xdg shell
parse-time iso8601 tramp-loaddefs helm-buffers helm-occur helm-tags
helm-locate helm-grep helm-regexp helm-utils helm-help helm-types helm
helm-global-bindings helm-easymenu helm-core async-bytecomp helm-source
helm-multi-match helm-lib async imenu ob-plantuml delsel autorevert
filenotify org ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp org-macro
org-src ob-comint org-pcomplete pcomplete org-list org-footnote
org-faces org-entities noutline outline org-version ob-emacs-lisp
ob-core ob-eval org-cycle org-table ol org-fold org-fold-core org-keys
oc org-loaddefs thingatpt find-func cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs
org-compat org-macs format-spec yasnippet paredit dockerfile-mode
sh-script smie treesit executable nlinum linum ido-yes-or-no advice ido
edmacro kmacro use-package-bind-key bind-key easy-mmode xref project
server hl-line pixel-scroll cua-base compile-eslint all-the-icons
all-the-icons-faces data-material data-weathericons data-octicons
data-fileicons data-faicons data-alltheicons dracula-theme
use-package-ensure use-package-core finder-inf all-the-icons-autoloads
bmx-mode-autoloads cargo-autoloads cmake-mode-autoloads
company-autoloads crontab-mode-autoloads dap-mode-autoloads
bui-autoloads dockerfile-mode-autoloads doom-modeline-autoloads
dracula-theme-autoloads editorconfig-autoloads elisp-slime-nav-autoloads
expand-region-autoloads flycheck-autoloads helm-autoloads
helm-core-autoloads async-autoloads highlight-symbol-autoloads
ido-yes-or-no-autoloads ido-completing-read+-autoloads compile
text-property-search comint ansi-osc ansi-color ring time-date comp
comp-cstr cl-extra help-mode warnings comp-run comp-common rx
lsp-docker-autoloads lsp-treemacs-autoloads lsp-mode-autoloads
magit-autoloads pcase git-commit-autoloads magit-section-autoloads
markdown-mode-autoloads memoize-autoloads multiple-cursors-autoloads
nerd-icons-autoloads nlinum-autoloads paredit-autoloads
pkg-info-autoloads epl-autoloads popup-autoloads powershell-autoloads
shrink-path-autoloads f-autoloads spinner-autoloads swift-mode-autoloads
transient-autoloads treemacs-autoloads cfrs-autoloads posframe-autoloads
ht-autoloads hydra-autoloads lv-autoloads pfuture-autoloads
ace-window-autoloads avy-autoloads s-autoloads dash-autoloads
undo-tree-autoloads queue-autoloads wfnames-autoloads info
with-editor-autoloads yaml-autoloads yaml-mode-autoloads
yasnippet-autoloads package browse-url url url-proxy url-privacy
url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie generate-lisp-file
url-domsuf url-util mailcap url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq
eieio eieio-core cl-macs icons password-cache json subr-x map byte-opt
gv bytecomp byte-compile url-vars cl-loaddefs cl-lib rmc iso-transl
tooltip cconv eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/ns-win ns-win ucs-normalize
mule-util term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register
page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors
frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic indonesian philippine
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript
charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure
cl-preloaded button loaddefs theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp
files window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env
code-pages mule custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote
threads kqueue cocoa ns lcms2 multi-tty make-network-process
native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 1458191 193746) (symbols 48 66974 1)
 (strings 32 418444 16703) (string-bytes 1 11887433)
 (vectors 16 160853) (vector-slots 8 2461125 186875)
 (floats 8 2169 354) (intervals 56 27943 2331) (buffers 992 53))

—
Kind Regards
Jostein Kjønigsen