Subject: Current master (commit 4e6eff3597649782def55fc1dfeeec92cec4b15e) is unusable

From: Dario Gjorgjevski <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2024 16:58:59 +0200

Automake installed from the current master (commit
4e6eff3597649782def55fc1dfeeec92cec4b15e) is unusable:

automake: error: version is incorrect: 1.17.0.90
automake: Please contact <[email-masked]>.
 at $prefix/share/automake-1.17/Automake/Channels.pm line 661, <GEN0> line 73.
    Automake::Channels::msg("automake", "", "version is incorrect:
1.17.0.90") called at
$prefix/share/automake-1.17/Automake/ChannelDefs.pm line 233
    Automake::ChannelDefs::prog_error("version is incorrect:
1.17.0.90") called at $prefix/share/automake-1.17/Automake/Version.pm
line 128
    Automake::Version::check("1.17.0.90", "1.16.3") called at
$prefix/share/automake-1.17/Automake/Options.pm line 384
    Automake::Options::_process_option_list(HASH(0x7fdb82147640),
HASH(0x7fdb84872710), HASH(0x7fdb84872770), HASH(0x7fdb848727d0),
HASH(0x7fdb84872830)) called at
$prefix/share/automake-1.17/Automake/Options.pm line 428
    Automake::Options::process_global_option_list(HASH(0x7fdb84872710),
HASH(0x7fdb84872770), HASH(0x7fdb848727d0), HASH(0x7fdb84872830))
called at $prefix/bin/automake line 5499
    Automake::scan_autoconf_traces("configure.ac") called at
$prefix/bin/automake line 5599
    Automake::scan_autoconf_files() called at $prefix/bin/automake line 8501
autoreconf: error: automake failed with exit status: 29

I suppose Automake::Version::split fails when given "1.17.0.90" as input?

Best regards,
Dario