Subject: [bug#72139] Request for merging "go-team" branch

From: Sharlatan Hellseher <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2024 11:24:50 +0100

Hi,

After pushing changes updating default Golang to 1.21 and refreshing all
packages in golang-build I see not too many builds in regression
according to CI:

https://ci.guix.gnu.org/eval/1485176?status=failed

- all :: 14750
- scheduled :: 1940 - stuck on aarch64-linux system
- succeeded :: 7095
- failed :: 5715, new failed 3 due to timeout on i686-linux

There are 3 failed packages attempting to build on i686-linux:
- buildah.i686-linux
- podman.i686-linux
- go-github-com-go-jose-go-jose-v3.i686-linux

Having a fresh default Golang version would ease packaging recent
project and will allow to unbundle a lot of vendored packages from such
projects as: kubo, matterbridge, Vale and some other which I'm intended
to find.

There is a long waited Prometheus patch series which would be easy to
refresh with that updates as well.
- https://issues.guix.gnu.org/54560

--
Oleg