Subject: [bug#72123] [PATCH] gnu: Add linux-libre 6.10.

From: Wilko Meyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2024 22:31:49 +0200

Hi Leo,

Leo Famulari <[email-masked]> writes:
> Pushed as 93e19067b4428e41c281eebe19746ea253591aad

Thanks for reviewing & pushing the changes!

> The 6.9 series is now marked as end-of-life on kernel.org, so we can
> start moving to 6.10 soon.

Yes, I'll prepare the removal of 6.9 and the changes required to set
6.10 as our new default kernel. We could push these changes with the
next iteration of kernel updates.

We should also aim to solve #72119[0] rather sooner than later, as
packages like libbpf currently depend on linux-libre-headers-6.9 as a
specific version of the headers; there's a linux-libre-headers variable
but that currently points to an older kernel version for bootstrapping
purposes iirc. I'd suggest introducing linux-libre-headers-latest or
something along those lines, so we don't have to track wether we cause
breakages by removing end of life header packages. All packages that
depend on a specific headers package should imho depend on whatever
linux-libre-headers-latest points to. WDYT?

[0]: https://issues.guix.gnu.org/72119

-- 
Kind regards,
Wilko Meyer