Subject: All kernels depend on the latest kernel

From: Wilko Meyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2024 17:43:42 +0200

Hi Dariqq,

> As a solution I would propose either
> - updating the default 5.14.49 header (there is a big warning next to it 
> so probably not a good idea)
> - or create a second stable, recent enough header to use for such cases.

I'm still in favor of the second solution, as previously discussed here:
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2024-06/msg00182.html.

However, I think linux-libre-headers should refer to the latest
header, and for bootstrapping purpose there *should* be a
linux-libre-headers-bootstrap variable or something like that.

I'm not too knowledgable on the entire bootstrapping process, but if I
see that correctly, the headers are only used in
linux-libre-headers-boot0 of commencement.scm? That could be changed,
even though I'm not sure what that implies in terms of rebuilds.

-- 
Kind regards,

Wilko Meyer
[email-masked]