Subject: bug#72100: closed (guix pull: error: aborting update of channel 'guix' to commit 2d6a3799fcda5c017f653c6e96b91964b07a7ee0)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Mon, 03 Feb 2025 21:41:02 +0000

Your bug report

#72100: guix pull: error: aborting update of channel 'guix' to commit 2d6a3799fcda5c017f653c6e96b91964b07a7ee0

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
72100: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=72100
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: guix pull: error: aborting update of channel 'guix' to commit 2d6a3799fcda5c017f653c6e96b91964b07a7ee0
From: Sharlatan Hellseher <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 03 Feb 2025 21:40:09 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,

Please try to pull once again.

- --8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
guix describe
Generation 75   Feb 03 2025 21:37:27    (current)
  guix 2574ae3
    repository URL: https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git
    branch: master
    commit: 2574ae3733637ead786fb3dc454369590794bc51
- --8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

- --
Ole

Subject: guix pull: error: aborting update of channel 'guix' to commit 2d6a3799fcda5c017f653c6e96b91964b07a7ee0
From: francismb <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 13 Jul 2024 22:32:14 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Dear Developers,
FWIW, just for the records.

Commit 2d6a3799fcda5c017f653c6e96b91964b07a7ee0 seems to be a descendant
of 0bce74d458a343e61d054c4b25d6f67bd1086f3c but the system is not
convinced of this. For more information see the attachments.

$ guix pull
Updating channel 'guix' from Git repository at
'https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git'...
guix pull: error: aborting update of channel 'guix' to commit
2d6a3799fcda5c017f653c6e96b91964b07a7ee0, which is not a descendant of
0bce74d458a343e61d054c4b25d6f67bd1086f3c
hint: This could indicate that the channel has been tampered with and is
trying to force a roll-back, preventing you from getting the latest
updates.  If you think this is not the case, explicitly allow
non-forward updates

:~$ guix describe
Generation 119	Jun 29 2024 09:33:00	(current)
   guix 0bce74d
     repository URL: https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git
     branch: master
     commit: 0bce74d458a343e61d054c4b25d6f67bd1086f3c

~$ guix pull --allow-downgrades
Updating channel 'guix' from Git repository at
'https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git'...
guix pull: warning: moving channel 'guix' from
0bce74d458a343e61d054c4b25d6f67bd1086f3c to unrelated commit
2d6a3799fcda5c017f653c6e96b91964b07a7ee0
Authenticating channel 'guix', commits 9edb3f6 to 2d6a379 (365 new
commits)...

....

~/.cache/guix/checkouts/pjmkglp4t7znuugeurpurzikxq3tnlaywmisyr27shj7apsnalwq$
git reflog origin/master
2d6a3799fcd (HEAD -> master, origin/master, origin/HEAD)
refs/remotes/origin/master@{0}:
6eb19661c52 refs/remotes/origin/master@{1}:
0bce74d458a refs/remotes/origin/master@{2}:
1e336025957 refs/remotes/origin/master@{3}:
43e102be746 refs/remotes/origin/master@{4}:
bc8a41f4a8d refs/remotes/origin/master@{5}:
fba6896f625 refs/remotes/origin/master@{6}:
01de17143c4 refs/remotes/origin/master@{7}:
9756d9d6345 refs/remotes/origin/master@{8}:
e9b25a6c6c6 refs/remotes/origin/master@{9}:
79c597c0ee2 refs/remotes/origin/master@{10}:
5010a51fc91 refs/remotes/origin/master@{11}:
570ccaaedcb refs/remotes/origin/master@{12}:
64ed1f9eec9 refs/remotes/origin/master@{13}:
9f183c3627a refs/remotes/origin/master@{14}:
43a4215cad8 refs/remotes/origin/master@{15}:
cd557e2d1c8 refs/remotes/origin/master@{16}:
c1c9d6b3cdf refs/remotes/origin/master@{17}:
188d18fc47f refs/remotes/origin/master@{18}:
7af70efd763 refs/remotes/origin/master@{19}:
0485e3a4a6b refs/remotes/origin/master@{20}:
0ff72d105ca refs/remotes/origin/master@{21}:
3d2966e0b7d refs/remotes/origin/master@{22}:
69951a61a1d refs/remotes/origin/master@{23}:
93aefca7bab refs/remotes/origin/master@{24}:
d53ca793707 refs/remotes/origin/master@{25}:
0b5cbca689b refs/remotes/origin/master@{26}:
efdaa885b08 refs/remotes/origin/master@{27}:
f29f80c194d refs/remotes/origin/master@{28}:
75bad75367f refs/remotes/origin/master@{29}:
bf17a01e06a refs/remotes/origin/master@{30}:
386080366c6 refs/remotes/origin/master@{31}:
de24aaf13b1 refs/remotes/origin/master@{32}:
aefc7428203 refs/remotes/origin/master@{33}:
ec6d6a51a3a refs/remotes/origin/master@{34}:
3cf199dbcf8 refs/remotes/origin/master@{35}:
5ad54df6b09 refs/remotes/origin/master@{36}:
22143f9e62c refs/remotes/origin/master@{37}:
e02265a2f9c refs/remotes/origin/master@{38}:
570ef13a87b refs/remotes/origin/master@{39}:
a4464bd0975 refs/remotes/origin/master@{40}:

:~/.cache/guix/checkouts/pjmkglp4t7znuugeurpurzikxq3tnlaywmisyr27shj7apsnalwq$
git reflog master
2d6a3799fcd (HEAD -> master, origin/master, origin/HEAD) master@{0}:
reset: moving to 2d6a3799fcda5c017f653c6e96b91964b07a7ee0
6eb19661c52 master@{1}: reset: moving to
6eb19661c5202fdc2e6b27bb078ba4e528f3b984
0bce74d458a master@{2}: reset: moving to
0bce74d458a343e61d054c4b25d6f67bd1086f3c
1e336025957 master@{3}: reset: moving to
1e336025957583fd978df49a24c6a1bb358c618d
43e102be746 master@{4}: reset: moving to
43e102be746e5be11ddd9e1af9b65e3d8571d232
bc8a41f4a8d master@{5}: reset: moving to
bc8a41f4a8d9f1f0525d7bc97c67ed3c8aea3111
fba6896f625 master@{6}: reset: moving to
fba6896f625dcbeef112387fc90abe83acae1720
01de17143c4 master@{7}: reset: moving to
01de17143c4830926af6f00f5233d1ba32d7038d
9756d9d6345 master@{8}: reset: moving to
9756d9d6345fb142944261174453ab0a597cc2e7
e9b25a6c6c6 master@{9}: reset: moving to
e9b25a6c6c626a560d28a1f732e6e5d362d584a4
79c597c0ee2 master@{10}: reset: moving to
79c597c0ee27bc7ca7f5986ef71a90fb62e1422b
5010a51fc91 master@{11}: reset: moving to
5010a51fc91aeac5a3b87a3eea04f18f3fe8a3a3
570ccaaedcb master@{12}: reset: moving to
570ccaaedcb1e03d29c6cb420b2104627e57df63
64ed1f9eec9 master@{13}: reset: moving to
64ed1f9eec9596512b067af67799997f1e1e5c8e
9f183c3627a master@{14}: reset: moving to
9f183c3627a006e8fd3bb9708448bc05a6204e6d
43a4215cad8 master@{15}: reset: moving to
43a4215cad8c6da357f895569c0cedf5e854cee0
cd557e2d1c8 master@{16}: reset: moving to
cd557e2d1c83839dd587016279900d31f053efc8
c1c9d6b3cdf master@{17}: reset: moving to
c1c9d6b3cdf5955f1bf5fded2a0c496ce2e631f1
188d18fc47f master@{18}: reset: moving to
188d18fc47f0d38edfe06e3e5834fa8587bd300b
7af70efd763 master@{19}: reset: moving to
7af70efd7633b0d70091762cf43ce01a86176e8e
0485e3a4a6b master@{20}: reset: moving to
0485e3a4a6b33c5efe5367a04ba86f3563afd1e8
0ff72d105ca master@{21}: reset: moving to
0ff72d105ca03a82de6bb5193266fd05fce72daf
3d2966e0b7d master@{22}: reset: moving to
3d2966e0b7dbf15a5cb497037ace73d1be92febf
69951a61a1d master@{23}: reset: moving to
69951a61a1d8f1f2135ea2dc836738be282b97bc
93aefca7bab master@{24}: reset: moving to
93aefca7bab5f5b40164176e3224221d26d708f1
d53ca793707 master@{25}: reset: moving to
d53ca793707c2c94a580c572a5cf4ac383c951ee
0b5cbca689b master@{26}: reset: moving to
0b5cbca689b2f91949e191ca256ffc9bb48c1141
efdaa885b08 master@{27}: reset: moving to
efdaa885b083e85bd380ca914addfcf32d0834f7
f29f80c194d master@{28}: reset: moving to
f29f80c194d0c534a92354b2bc19022a9b70ecf8
75bad75367f master@{29}: reset: moving to
75bad75367fcf2c289fae3b40dbcc850f92177be
bf17a01e06a master@{30}: reset: moving to
bf17a01e06abc100651ed643f2d5c7fea07d37ba
386080366c6 master@{31}: reset: moving to
386080366c642d887f9156059e4e894cd2d4e9b1
de24aaf13b1 master@{32}: reset: moving to
de24aaf13b17d6c019f3f240fd0eb0e1b8654970
aefc7428203 master@{33}: reset: moving to
aefc7428203203ae88c64cc4769113453c01a185
ec6d6a51a3a master@{34}: reset: moving to
ec6d6a51a3ad4c3c0fe90cec1569e29a602d62e2
3cf199dbcf8 master@{35}: reset: moving to
3cf199dbcf85a44fa8370e786e568fc3feb7067c
5ad54df6b09 master@{36}: reset: moving to
5ad54df6b09b08b73453cf1071413693f053a0cc
22143f9e62c master@{37}: reset: moving to
22143f9e62c350e601e6eeb0151f5ffe62e9dfe6
e02265a2f9c master@{38}: reset: moving to
e02265a2f9c7e2e0201590bef5fad95f00798514
570ef13a87b master@{39}: reset: moving to
570ef13a87bb54d3410c431700ba78316a2641e2
a4464bd0975 master@{40}: reset: moving to
a4464bd0975c811f18af98f69032b29bddda5b81

I hope it helps

Regards
francis