Subject: bug#7207: [email-masked]

From: Rolf Unger <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2010 14:47:49 +0200

Please describe exactly what actions triggered the bug
and the precise symptoms of the bug.  If you can, give
a recipe starting from `emacs -Q':

I started emacs with:
C:\Programme\emacs-23.2\bin\runemacs.exe -q -g 118x55+60+0
in my $HOME directory (see below)

Did some test on the environment in the scratch buffer:

  (insert (getenv "HOME"))C:\home\administrator
  (insert (getenv "emacs_dir"))C:/Programme/emacs-23.2
  (open-dribble-file "~/dribble")

Then I opened a zip-archive file via drag and drop. Navigated to a .txt
file in the displayed archive listing and hit return to open the file.
Instead of the file contents I got a filename not matched line.

I thought it is better to bypass drag'n'drop and opened another archive
with C-x C-f  (D:/packages/zip300xn.zip).
When the file listing was shown I navigated down to zipnote.txt, hit
return ... still with the same problem:

  caution: filename not matched:  "zipnote.txt"

with the modeline saying:

 -1\---  zipnote.txt (zip300xn.zip)  All L1   (Text-Archive)---- 

The archive itself is okay, I could open it with emacs-22.3 using the
same procedure.

  355.794 Bytes for zip300xn.zip (with `dir` inside cmd.exe)

  $ md5sum zip300xn.zip
  ff523b32f07484ff2e09262284485641  zip300xn.zip

When I open now another emacs process with -Q instead of -q I get
the same behaviour. Though I am quite sure that one hour ago the -Q
did not show the problem with opening files in zip-archives.

I'll try this after a fresh reboot again, to see if there is a
difference. Might also be a typo \Programme\emacs-23.2 and
\Programme\emacs-22.3 is very close unfortunately.

Okay, this is clarified. The behaviour is consistent with emacs-23.
Directly after a reboot of the computer I opened emacs-23 with

  C:\Programme\emacs-23.2\bin\runemacs.exe -Q -g 120x56+60+0

with *-Q* to skip everything and I did get the filename not matched
warning.

For further information my post in the gnu.emacs.help group with
"arc-mode on Win32 system with GNU emacs23.2" as subject from the
12th of October may be helpful.

I tried with both versions:

 UnZip 5.31 of 31 May 1997

and

 UnZip 6.00 of 20 April 2009

No difference.

Thanks for the great editor and your effort, Rolf.

In GNU Emacs 23.2.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.0.2195)
 of 2010-05-08 on G41R2F1
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 5.0.2195
configured using `configure --with-gcc (3.4) --no-opt --cflags -Ic:/xpm/include'

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: nil
  value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
  value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
  value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
  value of $LC_TIME: nil
  value of $LANG: DEU
  value of $XMODIFIERS: nil
  locale-coding-system: cp1252
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Text

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
<help-echo> <drag-n-drop> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<return> C-x k <return> <help-echo> C-x b * M e s <tab> 
<return> <help-echo> <help-echo> C-x b * s c <tab> 
<return> ( g e t e n v SPC " H O M E " ) <left> <left> 
<left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> 
<left> <left> <left> <left> <left> ( i n s e r t SPC 
c o <backspace> <backspace> C-e ) C-x C-e <return> 
/ <backspace> ( i n s e r t SPC ( g e t e n d <backspace> 
v SPC " m a <backspace> <backspace> e m a c s _ d i 
r " ) ) C-x C-e <return> C-y C-x C-e C-x b z <tab> 
<backspace> <tab> a c <backspace> s <tab> <return> 
C-x k <return> C-x C-f <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> D : 
/ p a c k <tab> z i p 3 <tab> <return> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <return> 
<help-echo> M-x r e p o r t - e m a c s - b u <tab> 
<return>

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Parsing archive file...done.
nil [2 times]
Mark set
nil
Making completion list...
Parsing archive file...done.

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr message ecomplete rfc822 mml mml-sec
password-cache mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mailcap mail-parse rfc2231
rfc2047 rfc2045 qp ietf-drums mailabbrev nnheader gnus-util netrc
time-date gmm-utils wid-edit mailheader canlock sha1 hex-util hashcash
mail-utils emacsbug help-mode easymenu view arc-mode archive-mode
browse-url url-util url-parse url-vars mm-util mail-prsvr tooltip
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel dos-w32 disp-table ls-lisp
w32-win w32-vars tool-bar dnd fontset image fringe lisp-mode register
page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mldrag mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew
greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev loaddefs button
minibuffer faces cus-face files text-properties overlay md5 base64
format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote make-network-process multi-tty emacs)