Subject: bug#72063: closed (Re: bug#72063: matlab-mode-for-new-mfiles not working)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sat, 13 Jul 2024 21:44:02 +0000

Your bug report

#72063: matlab-mode-for-new-mfiles not working

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
72063: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=72063
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#72063: matlab-mode-for-new-mfiles not working
From: Jeremy Bryant <[email-masked]>
To: Andrea Corallo <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 13 Jul 2024 22:43:00 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Andrea Corallo <[email-masked]> writes:

> Muhali via "Bug reports for GNU Emacs, the Swiss army knife of text
> editors" <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> In matlab-mode, I have set matlab-mode-for-new-mfiles to nil, which means that when opening a .m file matlab-mode will not be automatically invoked.
>>
>> This does not work, however, as .m files always open in matlab-mode.
>
> Hello Muhali,
>
> matlab-mode is not part of Emacs (nor Elpa), so I think the right place
> to report this bug shopuld be on https://matlab-emacs.sourceforge.net?
>
>   Andrea

Closing the bug.

Subject: matlab-mode-for-new-mfiles not working
From: Muhali <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2024 16:32:54 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

In matlab-mode, I have set matlab-mode-for-new-mfiles to nil, which means that when opening a .m file matlab-mode will not be automatically invoked.

This does not work, however, as .m files always open in matlab-mode.

In GNU Emacs 29.1 (build 2, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, cairo
  version 1.18.0) of 2023-11-03 built on capella
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12401000
System Description: Manjaro Linux

Configured using:
  'configure --prefix=/opt/emacs --with-native-compilation
  --without-toolkit-scroll-bars --with-x-toolkit=lucid'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG
JSON LCMS2 LIBOTF LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 M17N_FLT MODULES NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY
INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF TREE_SITTER
WEBP X11 XDBE XIM XINPUT2 XPM LUCID ZLIB

Important settings:
   value of $LC_MONETARY: de_DE.UTF-8
   value of $LC_NUMERIC: de_DE.UTF-8
   value of $LC_TIME: de_DE.UTF-8
   value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
   locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: ELisp/d

Minor modes in effect:
   whole-line-or-region-global-mode: t
   whole-line-or-region-local-mode: t
   recentf-mode: t
   savehist-mode: t
   server-mode: t
   image-diredx-async-mode: t
   tooltip-mode: t
   show-paren-mode: t
   mouse-wheel-mode: t
   file-name-shadow-mode: t
   global-font-lock-mode: t
   font-lock-mode: t
   blink-cursor-mode: t
   column-number-mode: t
   line-number-mode: t
   indent-tabs-mode: t
   transient-mark-mode: t
   auto-composition-mode: t
   auto-encryption-mode: t
   auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message yank-media puny rfc822 mml
mml-sec gnus-util text-property-search mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047
rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils vc-hg vc-bzr vc-src
vc-sccs vc-svn vc-cvs vc-rcs log-view pcvs-util vc bug-reference
time-date find-func pp cl-print help-fns radix-tree misearch
multi-isearch bs vc-git diff-mode easy-mmode vc-dispatcher matlab
matlab-scan matlab-syntax matlab-compat pulse color comp comp-cstr
warnings icons rx cl-extra help-mode whole-line-or-region tab-line
cus-load ac-octave octave smie comint ansi-osc ansi-color ring
caffe-mode recentf tree-widget wid-edit savehist server epa-file epa
derived epg rfc6068 epg-config auto-complete edmacro kmacro popup
auto-complete-autoloads auto-package-update-autoloads csv-mode-autoloads
dbc-autoloads ht-autoloads image-dired+ image-dired image-dired-tags
image-dired-external image-dired-util xdg image-mode exif dired
dired-loaddefs advice list-unicode-display-autoloads magit-autoloads
pcase git-commit-autoloads magit-section-autoloads dash-autoloads
markdown-mode-autoloads matlab-mode-autoloads popup-autoloads
list-utils-autoloads transient-autoloads with-editor-autoloads info
compat-autoloads seq-autoloads package browse-url url url-proxy
url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie
generate-lisp-file url-domsuf url-util mailcap url-handlers url-parse
auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs password-cache json subr-x
map byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile url-vars cl-loaddefs cl-lib rmc
iso-transl tooltip cconv eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/x-win x-win
term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register
page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors
frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic indonesian philippine
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript
charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure
cl-preloaded button loaddefs theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp
files window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env
code-pages mule custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote
threads dbusbind inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting cairo x-toolkit xinput2 x multi-tty
make-network-process native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 238820 10941)
  (symbols 48 15874 0)
  (strings 32 84684 3387)
  (string-bytes 1 2062703)
  (vectors 16 28494)
  (vector-slots 8 544009 15910)
  (floats 8 153 42)
  (intervals 56 5988 1042)
  (buffers 984 20))