Subject: [bug#72062] [PATCH 0/4] Add OpenMPI 5.x

From: "Romain GARBAGE" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2024 09:27:22 +0200

On Thu Jul 11, 2024 at 4:25 PM CEST, Romain GARBAGE wrote:
> This patch series aims at bringing the 5.x branch of OpenMPI to Guix.
[...]
> Third patch adds a new package for OpenMPI 5.x, keeping OpenMPI 4.x as
> the default version in package dependencies.
>
> Fourth patch adds PMIx support, which is required for OpenMPI 5.x
> support in SLURM.

After thinking about it, the last two patches should be applied in the
reverse order so the when OpenMPI5 is present in the tree, SLURM already
has the PMIx support needed by OpenMPI5. 
If the need arises to submit a v2, I'll swap them at this occasion.

> These patches have been applied on top of commit
> 0663668507377a849317b0fff3d72f609c3139c2, all packages depending on
> slurm and openmpi@5 have been successfully rebuilt.

To be more precise, I rebuilt the packages that depend directly on slurm
and openmpi@5 (for the latter, there should be none for now).

Romain