Subject: bug#72061: Discrepancy when running ‘guix pull’ from different machines

From: Konrad Hinsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Sep 2024 14:47:57 +0200

Hi Simon,

> So IIUC, the channels.scm file you provided is not the same channels.scm
> file here.  You provided all the revisions to get this Guix and from
> this Guix you tries to reach another revision (named channels.scm in the
> above but just reads 7b0863f07a113caef26fea13909bd97d250b629e).
>
> Right?

Yes!

> Again IIUC, the picture looks like:
> ...

That looks correct.

> Well, I do not know how to debug that. :-) Especially without an access
> to the machine and considering the person, from the MOOC, is probably
> new to Guix.

Indeed.

> Assuming ’guix describe’ returns all the channels as mentioned earlier,
> this is how to check that the current Guix contains the variable.

OK, I'll see if I can explain that in MOOC-level terms ;-)

Thanks,
  Konrad.