Subject: bug#7206: closed (Re: bug#7206: 24.0.50; Bugs with minibuffer completion)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2010 23:12:02 +0000

Your bug report

#7206: 24.0.50; Bugs with minibuffer completion

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
7206: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=7206
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#7206: 24.0.50; Bugs with minibuffer completion
From: Juanma Barranquero <[email-masked]>
To: Stephen Berman <[email-masked]>
Cc: Tim Van Holder <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2010 01:14:27 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

On Wed, Oct 13, 2010 at 20:40, Stephen Berman <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Here is a fix:

Applied, thanks.

    Juanma

Subject: 24.0.50; Bugs with minibuffer completion
From: Tim Van Holder <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2010 11:12:59 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Current bzr (r101947) has 2 issues with completion in the minibuffer:

Recipe:

$ emacs -Q
  C-x C-f

Issue #1:

  Enter anything that has a non-unique completion (or don't enter
  anything at all after ther default directory name prompt), and press
  [tab]. Instead of getting the "[Complete, but not unique]" prompt, you
  get an error instead:
    minibuffer-completion-help: Wrong type argument: listp, 0
  (the integer varies).
  This also happens with non-path completions (e.g. C-h f).

Issue #2:

  Put point inside the path prompt and delete the trailing part of a
  path component, taking care to still keep a unique prefix to avoid
  hitting issue #1. Pressing [tab] to re-complete the path component
  works fine, but point "jumps back" several positions. This does not
  happen for completions at the end of the path, nor does it seem to
  heppen for non-path completions (at least for [C-h f] the problem does
  not seem to exist).

In GNU Emacs 24.0.50.1 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.8.20)
 of 2010-10-13 on leeloo
Windowing system distributor `The Cygwin/X Project', version 11.0.10503000
configured using `configure  '--with-x''