Subject: bug#72059: [PATCH] Ensure that git diffs without signature (--) are properly identified

From: Luis Henriques <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2024 13:20:32 +0100

Hi!

[Resending as I don't see message in the list after a few hours.]

I'd like to have git-format-patch diffs to be properly identified when I'm
using Gnus to read mailing-lists.  It mostly works fine, *if* the
(inlined) patches include a signature at the end ('--').  If the signature
is missing then the patch isn't identified as such.

Since all the other diff formats in mm-uu-type-alist don't have the
'end-point' I thought it would be fine to also remove it from the
'git-format-patch'.

The issue I'm trying to fix can be easily seen in Gnus by comparing two
emails with the following message-ids from the [email-masked]
mailing-list:

  [email-masked]
  [email-masked]

(These emails can be accessed by entering the Gnus group, hitting 'j'
(gnus-summary-goto-article) and yanking the above message-ids.)

Cheers,
-- 
Luís

>From fb9a1413655837607b2ed91d11d5cb2e3ba99415 Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
From: Luis Henriques <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2024 10:02:04 +0100
Subject: [PATCH] Ensure that git diffs without signature (--) are properly
 identified

* lisp/gnus/mm-uu.el (mm-uu-type-alist): Remove 'end-point' from
git-format-patch diffs so that diffs without signature can be identified.
---
 lisp/gnus/mm-uu.el | 2 +-
 1 file changed, 1 insertion(+), 1 deletion(-)

diff --git a/lisp/gnus/mm-uu.el b/lisp/gnus/mm-uu.el
index 3c7e3cbdf1af..f5d553bd0892 100644
--- a/lisp/gnus/mm-uu.el
+++ b/lisp/gnus/mm-uu.el
@@ -173,7 +173,7 @@ mm-uu-type-alist
      ,#'mm-uu-diff-test)
     (git-format-patch
      "^diff --git "
-     "^-- "
+     nil
      ,#'mm-uu-diff-extract
      nil
      ,#'mm-uu-diff-test)