Subject: Re: bug#72055: 29.4; JIT native compilation errors with Windows Emacs 29.4

From: Joel Reicher <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2024 23:31:50 +1000

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

>> From: Joel Reicher <[email-masked]>
>> Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2024 21:46:22 +1000
>>
>> After completely removing the existing installation of Emacs 
>> and installing a new one from
>>
>> emacs-29.4-installer.exe
>>
>> there are periodic warnings that say
>>
>> Warning (comp): x86_64-w64-mingw32-gcc-11.3.0: fatal error: 
>> cannot execute 'as': CreateProcess: No such file or directory
>>
>> They appear to be triggered when Emacs tries to execute elisp 
>> from a .el with no matching .eln in the installation path (if 
>> an .eln *does* exist it appears to be loaded), and continue to 
>> occur during the Emacs session life as new bits of elisp are 
>> loaded.
>
> Do you have a libgccjit DLL on that system?

Yes. As mentioned on the other thread (apologies for not knowing 
how to tie all this together) it is

c:/Program Files/Emacs/emacs-29.4/bin/libgccjit-0.dll

Thanks and regards,

       - Joel