Subject: Re: bug#72045: Emacs graft lookup still fails

From: Suhail Singh <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 Jul 2024 12:59:05 -0400

Suhail Singh <[email-masked]> writes:

> Liliana Marie Prikler <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> Am Sonntag, dem 14.07.2024 um 12:27 -0400 schrieb Suhail Singh:
>>> However, perhaps there is a way to ensure that the proposed
>>> replacement doesn't have a different ABI_VERSION.  Could this be
>>> caught by a test or "sanity checker" of some kind?
>> You could just print the value of comp-native-version-dir.  If that
>> changes between ungrafted and grafted emacs, then the graft is NG (no
>> good).
>
> Yes, of course.  The part that's not clear to me (due to my limited
> understanding of Guix internals) is how to trigger it at the time the
> package replacement is being considered / done.  Perhaps that would be
> the responsiblity of the emacs-build-system.

Whoops.  Of course not emacs-build-system, since Emacs uses
glib-or-gtk-build-system.

-- 
Suhail