Subject: bug#72040: closed (Re: [core-updates] Boost bug / breaks libreoffice [was libetonyek link failure])

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2024 21:49:02 +0000

Your bug report

#72040: [core-updates] libetonyek link failure

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
72040: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=72040
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: [core-updates] Boost bug / breaks libreoffice [was libetonyek link failure]
From: Leo Famulari <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2024 17:48:12 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

On Thu, Jul 11, 2024 at 04:23:09PM -0400, Leo Famulari wrote:
> Subject: [PATCH] WIP: Boost: Fix a bug that breaks libetonyek.
> 
> This fixes <https://issues.guix.gnu.org/72040>
> 
> * gnu/packages/patches/boost-fix-duplicate-definitions-bug.patch: New file.
> * gnu/local.mk (dist_patch_DATA): Add it.
> * gnu/packages/boost.scm (boost)[source]: Use it.
> (boost-for-source-highlight): New variable, not using the patch.
> * gnu/packages/pretty-print.scm (source-highlight)[inputs]: Replace BOOST with
> BOOST-FOR-SOURCE-HIGHLIGHT.

Pushed as 1ab3e3b26fdc43d48826119d4f51379571dd89b6 along with a followup
patch that fixes another problem with Libreoffice. With these changes,
we have Libreoffice on core-updates.

Subject: [core-updates] libetonyek link failure
From: Leo Famulari <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2024 13:33:22 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

On core-updates commit 736939037346, libetonyek fails to build like
this (sorry in advance for the looooong lines, full log attached):

------
  CXXLD    libetonyek-0.1.la                                                                                                                                                                    ld: ./.libs/libetonyek_internal.a(libetonyek_internal_la-KEY1DivElement.o):/gnu/store/3x98sgvvn7nagmkapva3yjr28v971wvq-boost-1.83.0/include/boost/preprocessor/iteration/detail/limits/local_256
.hpp:43: multiple definition of `boost::phoenix::placeholders::uarg10'; ./.libs/libetonyek_internal.a(libetonyek_internal_la-IWORKFormula.o):/gnu/store/3x98sgvvn7nagmkapva3yjr28v971wvq-boost-1.83.0/include/boost/preprocessor/iteration/detail/limits/local_256.hpp:43: first defined here                                                                                                   ld: ./.libs/libetonyek_internal.a(libetonyek_internal_la-KEY1DivElement.o):/gnu/store/3x98sgvvn7nagmkapva3yjr28v971wvq-boost-1.83.0/include/boost/preprocessor/iteration/detail/limits/local_256
.hpp:40: multiple definition of `boost::phoenix::placeholders::uarg9'; ./.libs/libetonyek_internal.a(libetonyek_internal_la-IWORKFormula.o):/gnu/store/3x98sgvvn7nagmkapva3yjr28v971wvq-boost-1.83.0/include/boost/preprocessor/iteration/detail/limits/local_256.hpp:40: first defined here                                                                                                    ld: ./.libs/libetonyek_internal.a(libetonyek_internal_la-KEY1DivElement.o):/gnu/store/3x98sgvvn7nagmkapva3yjr28v971wvq-boost-1.83.0/include/boost/preprocessor/iteration/detail/limits/local_256
.hpp:37: multiple definition of `boost::phoenix::placeholders::uarg8'; ./.libs/libetonyek_internal.a(libetonyek_internal_la-IWORKFormula.o):/gnu/store/3x98sgvvn7nagmkapva3yjr28v971wvq-boost-1.83.0/include/boost/preprocessor/iteration/detail/limits/local_256.hpp:37: first defined here                                                                                                    ld: ./.libs/libetonyek_internal.a(libetonyek_internal_la-KEY1DivElement.o):/gnu/store/3x98sgvvn7nagmkapva3yjr28v971wvq-boost-1.83.0/include/boost/preprocessor/iteration/detail/limits/local_256
.hpp:34: multiple definition of `boost::phoenix::placeholders::uarg7'; ./.libs/libetonyek_internal.a(libetonyek_internal_la-IWORKFormula.o):/gnu/store/3x98sgvvn7nagmkapva3yjr28v971wvq-boost-1.83.0/include/boost/preprocessor/iteration/detail/limits/local_256.hpp:34: first defined here                                                                                                    ld: ./.libs/libetonyek_internal.a(libetonyek_internal_la-KEY1DivElement.o):/gnu/store/3x98sgvvn7nagmkapva3yjr28v971wvq-boost-1.83.0/include/boost/preprocessor/iteration/detail/limits/local_256
.hpp:31: multiple definition of `boost::phoenix::placeholders::uarg6'; ./.libs/libetonyek_internal.a(libetonyek_internal_la-IWORKFormula.o):/gnu/store/3x98sgvvn7nagmkapva3yjr28v971wvq-boost-1.
83.0/include/boost/preprocessor/iteration/detail/limits/local_256.hpp:31: first defined here                                                                                                    
ld: ./.libs/libetonyek_internal.a(libetonyek_internal_la-KEY1DivElement.o):/gnu/store/3x98sgvvn7nagmkapva3yjr28v971wvq-boost-1.83.0/include/boost/preprocessor/iteration/detail/limits/local_256
.hpp:28: multiple definition of `boost::phoenix::placeholders::uarg5'; ./.libs/libetonyek_internal.a(libetonyek_internal_la-IWORKFormula.o):/gnu/store/3x98sgvvn7nagmkapva3yjr28v971wvq-boost-1.
83.0/include/boost/preprocessor/iteration/detail/limits/local_256.hpp:28: first defined here                                                                                                    
ld: ./.libs/libetonyek_internal.a(libetonyek_internal_la-KEY1DivElement.o):/gnu/store/3x98sgvvn7nagmkapva3yjr28v971wvq-boost-1.83.0/include/boost/preprocessor/iteration/detail/limits/local_256
.hpp:25: multiple definition of `boost::phoenix::placeholders::uarg4'; ./.libs/libetonyek_internal.a(libetonyek_internal_la-IWORKFormula.o):/gnu/store/3x98sgvvn7nagmkapva3yjr28v971wvq-boost-1.
83.0/include/boost/preprocessor/iteration/detail/limits/local_256.hpp:25: first defined here                                                                                                    
ld: ./.libs/libetonyek_internal.a(libetonyek_internal_la-KEY1DivElement.o):/gnu/store/3x98sgvvn7nagmkapva3yjr28v971wvq-boost-1.83.0/include/boost/preprocessor/iteration/detail/limits/local_256
.hpp:22: multiple definition of `boost::phoenix::placeholders::uarg3'; ./.libs/libetonyek_internal.a(libetonyek_internal_la-IWORKFormula.o):/gnu/store/3x98sgvvn7nagmkapva3yjr28v971wvq-boost-1.
83.0/include/boost/preprocessor/iteration/detail/limits/local_256.hpp:22: first defined here                                                                                                    
ld: ./.libs/libetonyek_internal.a(libetonyek_internal_la-KEY1DivElement.o):/gnu/store/3x98sgvvn7nagmkapva3yjr28v971wvq-boost-1.83.0/include/boost/preprocessor/iteration/detail/limits/local_256
.hpp:19: multiple definition of `boost::phoenix::placeholders::uarg2'; ./.libs/libetonyek_internal.a(libetonyek_internal_la-IWORKFormula.o):/gnu/store/3x98sgvvn7nagmkapva3yjr28v971wvq-boost-1.
83.0/include/boost/preprocessor/iteration/detail/limits/local_256.hpp:19: first defined here                                                                                                    
ld: ./.libs/libetonyek_internal.a(libetonyek_internal_la-KEY1DivElement.o):/gnu/store/3x98sgvvn7nagmkapva3yjr28v971wvq-boost-1.83.0/include/boost/preprocessor/iteration/detail/limits/local_256
.hpp:16: multiple definition of `boost::phoenix::placeholders::uarg1'; ./.libs/libetonyek_internal.a(libetonyek_internal_la-IWORKFormula.o):/gnu/store/3x98sgvvn7nagmkapva3yjr28v971wvq-boost-1.
83.0/include/boost/preprocessor/iteration/detail/limits/local_256.hpp:16: first defined here                                                                                                    
ld: ./.libs/libetonyek_internal.a(libetonyek_internal_la-KEY1StringConverter.o):/gnu/store/3x98sgvvn7nagmkapva3yjr28v971wvq-boost-1.83.0/include/boost/preprocessor/iteration/detail/limits/loca
l_256.hpp:43: multiple definition of `boost::phoenix::placeholders::uarg10'; ./.libs/libetonyek_internal.a(libetonyek_internal_la-IWORKFormula.o):/gnu/store/3x98sgvvn7nagmkapva3yjr28v971wvq-bo
ost-1.83.0/include/boost/preprocessor/iteration/detail/limits/local_256.hpp:43: first defined here
ld: ./.libs/libetonyek_internal.a(libetonyek_internal_la-KEY1StringConverter.o):/gnu/store/3x98sgvvn7nagmkapva3yjr28v971wvq-boost-1.83.0/include/boost/preprocessor/iteration/detail/limits/loca
l_256.hpp:40: multiple definition of `boost::phoenix::placeholders::uarg9'; ./.libs/libetonyek_internal.a(libetonyek_internal_la-IWORKFormula.o):/gnu/store/3x98sgvvn7nagmkapva3yjr28v971wvq-boo
st-1.83.0/include/boost/preprocessor/iteration/detail/limits/local_256.hpp:40: first defined here
ld: ./.libs/libetonyek_internal.a(libetonyek_internal_la-KEY1StringConverter.o):/gnu/store/3x98sgvvn7nagmkapva3yjr28v971wvq-boost-1.83.0/include/boost/preprocessor/iteration/detail/limits/loca
l_256.hpp:37: multiple definition of `boost::phoenix::placeholders::uarg8'; ./.libs/libetonyek_internal.a(libetonyek_internal_la-IWORKFormula.o):/gnu/store/3x98sgvvn7nagmkapva3yjr28v971wvq-boo
st-1.83.0/include/boost/preprocessor/iteration/detail/limits/local_256.hpp:37: first defined here
ld: ./.libs/libetonyek_internal.a(libetonyek_internal_la-KEY1StringConverter.o):/gnu/store/3x98sgvvn7nagmkapva3yjr28v971wvq-boost-1.83.0/include/boost/preprocessor/iteration/detail/limits/loca
l_256.hpp:34: multiple definition of `boost::phoenix::placeholders::uarg7'; ./.libs/libetonyek_internal.a(libetonyek_internal_la-IWORKFormula.o):/gnu/store/3x98sgvvn7nagmkapva3yjr28v971wvq-boo
st-1.83.0/include/boost/preprocessor/iteration/detail/limits/local_256.hpp:34: first defined here
ld: ./.libs/libetonyek_internal.a(libetonyek_internal_la-KEY1StringConverter.o):/gnu/store/3x98sgvvn7nagmkapva3yjr28v971wvq-boost-1.83.0/include/boost/preprocessor/iteration/detail/limits/loca
l_256.hpp:31: multiple definition of `boost::phoenix::placeholders::uarg6'; ./.libs/libetonyek_internal.a(libetonyek_internal_la-IWORKFormula.o):/gnu/store/3x98sgvvn7nagmkapva3yjr28v971wvq-boo
st-1.83.0/include/boost/preprocessor/iteration/detail/limits/local_256.hpp:31: first defined here
ld: ./.libs/libetonyek_internal.a(libetonyek_internal_la-KEY1StringConverter.o):/gnu/store/3x98sgvvn7nagmkapva3yjr28v971wvq-boost-1.83.0/include/boost/preprocessor/iteration/detail/limits/loca
l_256.hpp:28: multiple definition of `boost::phoenix::placeholders::uarg5'; ./.libs/libetonyek_internal.a(libetonyek_internal_la-IWORKFormula.o):/gnu/store/3x98sgvvn7nagmkapva3yjr28v971wvq-boo
st-1.83.0/include/boost/preprocessor/iteration/detail/limits/local_256.hpp:28: first defined here
ld: ./.libs/libetonyek_internal.a(libetonyek_internal_la-KEY1StringConverter.o):/gnu/store/3x98sgvvn7nagmkapva3yjr28v971wvq-boost-1.83.0/include/boost/preprocessor/iteration/detail/limits/loca
l_256.hpp:25: multiple definition of `boost::phoenix::placeholders::uarg4'; ./.libs/libetonyek_internal.a(libetonyek_internal_la-IWORKFormula.o):/gnu/store/3x98sgvvn7nagmkapva3yjr28v971wvq-boo
st-1.83.0/include/boost/preprocessor/iteration/detail/limits/local_256.hpp:25: first defined here
ld: ./.libs/libetonyek_internal.a(libetonyek_internal_la-KEY1StringConverter.o):/gnu/store/3x98sgvvn7nagmkapva3yjr28v971wvq-boost-1.83.0/include/boost/preprocessor/iteration/detail/limits/loca
l_256.hpp:22: multiple definition of `boost::phoenix::placeholders::uarg3'; ./.libs/libetonyek_internal.a(libetonyek_internal_la-IWORKFormula.o):/gnu/store/3x98sgvvn7nagmkapva3yjr28v971wvq-boo
st-1.83.0/include/boost/preprocessor/iteration/detail/limits/local_256.hpp:22: first defined here
ld: ./.libs/libetonyek_internal.a(libetonyek_internal_la-KEY1StringConverter.o):/gnu/store/3x98sgvvn7nagmkapva3yjr28v971wvq-boost-1.83.0/include/boost/preprocessor/iteration/detail/limits/loca
l_256.hpp:19: multiple definition of `boost::phoenix::placeholders::uarg2'; ./.libs/libetonyek_internal.a(libetonyek_internal_la-IWORKFormula.o):/gnu/store/3x98sgvvn7nagmkapva3yjr28v971wvq-boo
st-1.83.0/include/boost/preprocessor/iteration/detail/limits/local_256.hpp:19: first defined here
ld: ./.libs/libetonyek_internal.a(libetonyek_internal_la-KEY1StringConverter.o):/gnu/store/3x98sgvvn7nagmkapva3yjr28v971wvq-boost-1.83.0/include/boost/preprocessor/iteration/detail/limits/loca
l_256.hpp:16: multiple definition of `boost::phoenix::placeholders::uarg1'; ./.libs/libetonyek_internal.a(libetonyek_internal_la-IWORKFormula.o):/gnu/store/3x98sgvvn7nagmkapva3yjr28v971wvq-boo
st-1.83.0/include/boost/preprocessor/iteration/detail/limits/local_256.hpp:16: first defined here
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make[4]: *** [Makefile:1130: libetonyek-0.1.la] Error 1
make[4]: Leaving directory '/tmp/guix-build-libetonyek-0.1.10.drv-0/libetonyek-0.1.10/src/lib'
make[3]: *** [Makefile:1047: all] Error 2
make[3]: Leaving directory '/tmp/guix-build-libetonyek-0.1.10.drv-0/libetonyek-0.1.10/src/lib'
make[2]: *** [Makefile:402: all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory '/tmp/guix-build-libetonyek-0.1.10.drv-0/libetonyek-0.1.10/src'
make[1]: *** [Makefile:510: all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory '/tmp/guix-build-libetonyek-0.1.10.drv-0/libetonyek-0.1.10'
make: *** [Makefile:421: all] Error 2
error: in phase 'build': uncaught exception:
%exception #<&invoke-error program: "make" arguments: ("-j" "1") exit-status: 2 term-signal: #f stop-signal: #f> 
phase `build' failed after 286.1 seconds
------

Any ideas?