Subject: &nar-error during guix pull on Linux Mint

From: Spencer <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Jul 2024 20:47:01 -0700

Output of Guix Describe:

guix describe
  guix 8e2f32c
    repository URL: https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git
    branch: master
    commit: 8e2f32cee982d42a79e53fc1e9aa7b8ff0514714

Full Log shown below:

me@kalonian:~/Documents/guix$ guix pull
Updating channel 'guix' from Git repository at 'https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git'...
Authenticating channel 'guix', commits 9edb3f6 to e13f7d4 (31,930 new commits)...
Building from this channel:
  guix      https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git e13f7d4
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://bordeaux.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://bordeaux.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://bordeaux.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
building /gnu/store/al0d6f30wj4f4w68v2gqdkb367v75f4x-config.scm.drv...
building /gnu/store/60h4f5jy7x05bgwjxp41gg5wsypaixn6-git.scm.drv...
building /gnu/store/n5w7gbkyyiav73f9yypafvw2n6z5jq8n-hash.scm.drv...
building /gnu/store/9pgk7wg71lp80ykx4x4gxdfy5rymh8wg-module-import.drv...
building /gnu/store/bvja93q8k0s640ajkn23nkxka6lq24ky-module-import.drv...
building /gnu/store/lr1ma7277yaykj39ld7azjzx5m3l87rc-module-import-compiled.drv...
building /gnu/store/hfhyabk41lqklcaib3a00yqig31hrkkc-module-import-compiled.drv...
building /gnu/store/67q1s3x5d534g6gvknlp8wl2l9m5s17q-compute-guix-derivation.drv...
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
bash-static-5.1.16  700KiB                                                 310KiB/s 00:02 [##################] 100.0%
glibc-2.35  8.5MiB                                                         1.3MiB/s 00:07 [##################] 100.0%
bash-minimal-5.1.16  568KiB                                                537KiB/s 00:01 [##################] 100.0%
gcc-11.3.0-lib  4.8MiB                                                     638KiB/s 00:08 [##################] 100.0%
bash-minimal-5.1.16  569KiB                                                878KiB/s 00:01 [##################] 100.0%
libffi-3.4.4  56KiB                                                       27.5MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
libgc-8.2.2  218KiB                                                       71.7MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
libunistring-1.0  529KiB                                                   1.1MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
pkg-config-0.29.2  187KiB                                                  716KiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
guile-3.0.9  7.0MiB                                                        795KiB/s 00:09 [##################] 100.0%
guile-3.0.9-debug  6.8MiB                                                  889KiB/s 00:08 [##################] 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
glibc-utf8-locales-2.35  382KiB                                            406KiB/s 00:01 [##################] 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
bash-minimal-5.1.16-doc  300KiB                                           62.0MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
binutils-2.38  5.1MiB                                                      817KiB/s 00:06 [##################] 100.0%
bzip2-1.0.8  55KiB                                                        89.1MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
bzip2-1.0.8  55KiB                                                        94.7MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
bzip2-1.0.8-static  27KiB                                                 48.7MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
bzip2-1.0.8-static  29KiB                                                 27.2MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
coreutils-9.1  2.5MiB                                                      8.7MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
ed-1.18  51KiB                                                             191KiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
diffutils-3.8  334KiB                                                    644.3MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
expat-2.5.0  110KiB                                                       79.5MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
findutils-4.9.0  456KiB                                                  951.6MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
font-ghostscript-8.11  3.3MiB                                              711KiB/s 00:05 [##################] 100.0%
gcc-11.3.0-lib  4.8MiB                                                     807KiB/s 00:06 [##################] 100.0%
glibc-2.35-static  1.4MiB                                                  489KiB/s 00:03 [##################] 100.0%
gmp-6.2.1  572KiB                                                          762KiB/s 00:01 [##################] 100.0%
gcc-toolchain-11.3.0-static  197B                                          103KiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
glibc-2.35-debug  19.3MiB                                                  1.6MiB/s 00:12 [##################] 100.0%
gnutls-3.8.3-doc  1.1MiB                                                   587KiB/s 00:02 [##################] 100.0%
gcc-toolchain-11.3.0-debug  199B                                             243B/s 00:01 [##################] 100.0%
grep-3.8  220KiB                                                           600KiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
guile-json-4.7.3  59KiB                                                     68KiB/s 00:01 [##################] 100.0%
guile-lib-0.2.8  402KiB                                                    778KiB/s 00:01 [##################] 100.0%
gzip-1.12  83KiB                                                          52.2MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
gzip-1.12  83KiB                                                            65KiB/s 00:01 [##################] 100.0%
isl-0.24  844KiB                                                           863KiB/s 00:01 [##################] 100.0%
libffi-3.4.4  60KiB                                                       21.9MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
libgc-8.2.2  228KiB                                                        340KiB/s 00:01 [##################] 100.0%
libgpg-error-1.45  250KiB                                                  491KiB/s 00:01 [##################] 100.0%
libidn2-2.3.4  170KiB                                                     48.1MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
libgcrypt-1.10.1  552KiB                                                   2.0MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
libsigsegv-2.14  17KiB                                                      28KiB/s 00:01 [##################] 100.0%
guile-gcrypt-0.4.0  165KiB                                                 403KiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
gawk-5.2.1  1.1MiB                                                         473KiB/s 00:02 [##################] 100.0%
libtasn1-4.19.0  106KiB                                                     77KiB/s 00:01 [##################] 100.0%
libunistring-1.0  661KiB                                                   743KiB/s 00:01 [##################] 100.0%
linux-libre-headers-5.15.49  1.1MiB                                        818KiB/s 00:01 [##################] 100.0%
lzlib-1.13  51KiB                                                           51KiB/s 00:01 [##################] 100.0%
mpfr-4.2.0  594KiB                                                         484KiB/s 00:01 [##################] 100.0%
guile-lzlib-0.3.0  36KiB                                                    51KiB/s 00:01 [##################] 100.0%
mpc-1.3.1  127KiB                                                          181KiB/s 00:01 [##################] 100.0%
ncurses-6.2.20210619  700KiB                                               655KiB/s 00:01 [##################] 100.0%
nettle-3.8.1  378KiB                                                       414KiB/s 00:01 [##################] 100.0%
openssl-3.0.8  2.2MiB                                                      593KiB/s 00:04 [##################] 100.0%
p11-kit-0.24.1  434KiB                                                   368.8MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
patch-2.7.6  100KiB                                                      170.6MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
perl-5.36.0  14.2MiB                                                      1019KiB/s 00:14 [##################] 100.0%
pkg-config-0.29.2  187KiB                                                306.1MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
readline-8.1.2  409KiB                                                   395.8MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
guile-3.0.9  7.0MiB                                                        1.3MiB/s 00:05 [##################] 100.0%
bash-5.1.16  1.2MiB                                                        1.5MiB/s 00:01 [##################] 100.0%
ld-wrapper-0  13KiB                                                         11KiB/s 00:01 [##################] 100.0%
make-4.3  478KiB                                                           235KiB/s 00:02 [##################] 100.0%
sed-4.8  224KiB                                                            230KiB/s 00:01 [##################] 100.0%
make-4.3-debug  266KiB                                                     236KiB/s 00:01 [##################] 100.0%
sqlite-3.39.3  1.1MiB                                                      363KiB/s 00:03 [##################] 100.0%
texinfo-6.8  1.3MiB                                                        276KiB/s 00:05 [##################] 100.0%
guile-sqlite3-0.1.3  57KiB                                                82.5MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
xz-5.2.8  366KiB                                                           334KiB/s 00:01 [##################] 100.0%
xz-5.2.8  366KiB                                                           443KiB/s 00:01 [##################] 100.0%
file-5.44  327KiB                                                          484KiB/s 00:01 [##################] 100.0%
xz-5.2.8-static  96KiB                                                     135KiB/s 00:01 [##################] 100.0%
xz-5.2.8-static  96KiB                                                     251KiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
zlib-1.2.13  79KiB                                                          76KiB/s 00:01 [##################] 100.0%
zlib-1.2.13  79KiB                                                          41KiB/s 00:02 [##################] 100.0%
gcc-11.3.0  25.7MiB                                                         79KiB/s 04:03 [#############     ]  73.|Backtrace:
          17 (primitive-load "/gnu/store/m27c9dzr414kysrsblvbww28x3dls6zz-compute-guix-derivation")
In ice-9/eval.scm:
    155:9 16 (_ _)
    159:9 15 (_ #(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#<directory (guile-u?> ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?))
In ice-9/boot-9.scm:
    152:2 14 (with-fluid* _ _ _)
    152:2 13 (with-fluid* _ _ _)
In ./guix/store.scm:
  2200:24 12 (run-with-store #<store-connection 256.99 7fde86472d20> #<procedure 7fde7025baf0 at ./guix/self.scm:13?> ?)
   2028:8 11 (_ #<store-connection 256.99 7fde86472d20>)
In ./guix/gexp.scm:
   299:22 10 (_ #<store-connection 256.99 7fde86472d20>)
   1205:2  9 (_ #<store-connection 256.99 7fde86472d20>)
   1072:2  8 (_ #<store-connection 256.99 7fde86472d20>)
    913:4  7 (_ #<store-connection 256.99 7fde86472d20>)
In ./guix/store.scm:
  2085:12  6 (_ #<store-connection 256.99 7fde86472d20>)
   1423:5  5 (map/accumulate-builds #<store-connection 256.99 7fde86472d20> #<procedure 7fde78c07280 at ./guix/stor?> ?)
  1439:15  4 (_ #<store-connection 256.99 7fde86472d20> ("/gnu/store/0ynydv8p67ix5q8wvlklwdcx40m0ykp5-gnutls-3.8?" ?) ?)
  1439:15  3 (loop #f)
   736:11  2 (process-stderr #<store-connection 256.99 7fde86472d20> _)
In ./guix/serialization.scm:
   101:11  1 (read-int #<input-output: file 10>)
     79:6  0 (get-bytevector-n* #<input-output: file 10> 8)

./guix/serialization.scm:79:6: In procedure get-bytevector-n*:
ERROR:
  1. &nar-error:
      file: #f
      port: #<input-output: file 10>
guix pull: error: You found a bug: the program '/gnu/store/m27c9dzr414kysrsblvbww28x3dls6zz-compute-guix-derivation'
failed to compute the derivation for Guix (version: "e13f7d48e5b989f5dbd27c19ac81989ec6b3ec6e"; system: "x86_64-linux";
host version: "1.4.0"; pull-version: 1).
Please report the COMPLETE output above by email to <[email-masked]>.