Subject: bug#72025: SEGFAULT when using corfu and lsp-mode with clangd

From: Ravi D'Elia <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2024 20:18:56 -0400

On 24/07/10 11:27AM, Ravi D'Elia wrote:
>Sorry about the backtrace, I did indeed use gdb but didn't have
>the debugging symbols to make it useful. My distro (arch) does
>ship a stripped binary with a separate debug package but I'm having
>difficulties due to (I think) some packaging mishap on my end.  While
>I take that up on my distro's forum, I'm going to try and build with
>debugging info. I'll send in the backtrace when one of these bears
>fruit. Didn't expect to have my computer on me, otherwise I would have
>figured this out first.

Well after a day of trying I have found a very robust solution to the
problem- include debug symbols in any way whatsoever. I have failed to
replicate with an emacs binary built with any combination of flags and
settings. I have failed to replicate with what should be an exact rebuild
of Arch's package. The only way I get the error is by reinstalling from
repos. So I'm calling it, I'll just use the working build for now. Since
that build has debug symbols it will be easy to get some useful data if
the problem strikes again, but for now there isn't much to do. Thanks
for the help, sorry I couldn't do more.