Subject: 30.0.60; major-mode-remap-alist doesn't work for combination js-mode + js-ts-mode

From: Roman Rudakov <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Jul 2024 10:13:56 +0200

1. Evaluate: (setopt major-mode-remap-alist '((js-mode . js-ts-mode)))
2. C-x C-f ~/tmp.js

Expected result:

major-mode is js-ts-mode

Actual result:

major-mode is js-mode

In GNU Emacs 30.0.60 (build 1, aarch64-apple-darwin23.5.0, NS
 appkit-2487.60 Version 14.5 (Build 23F79)) of 2024-07-06 built on
 Romans-MBP.home
Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.2487
System Description:  macOS 14.5

Configured using:
 'configure --disable-dependency-tracking --disable-silent-rules
 --enable-locallisppath=/opt/homebrew/share/emacs/site-lisp
 --infodir=/opt/homebrew/Cellar/emacs-plus@30/30.0.60/share/info/emacs
 --prefix=/opt/homebrew/Cellar/emacs-plus@30/30.0.60 --with-xml2
 --with-gnutls --with-native-compilation --without-compress-install
 --without-dbus --without-imagemagick --with-modules --with-rsvg
 --with-webp --without-pop --with-ns --disable-ns-self-contained
 'CFLAGS=-Os -w -pipe -mmacosx-version-min=14
 -isysroot/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/SDKs/MacOSX14.sdk
 -DFD_SETSIZE=10000 -DDARWIN_UNLIMITED_SELECT
 -I/opt/homebrew/opt/gcc/include 
 -I/opt/homebrew/opt/libgccjit/include'
 'CPPFLAGS=-I/opt/homebrew/opt/zlib/include
 -I/opt/homebrew/opt/jpeg/include -I/opt/homebrew/opt/icu4c/include
 -I/opt/homebrew/opt/sqlite/include 
 -I/opt/homebrew/opt/readline/include
 -isystem/opt/homebrew/include -F/opt/homebrew/Frameworks
 -isysroot/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/SDKs/MacOSX14.sdk'
 'LDFLAGS=-L/opt/homebrew/opt/zlib/lib -L/opt/homebrew/opt/jpeg/lib
 -L/opt/homebrew/opt/icu4c/lib -L/opt/homebrew/opt/sqlite/lib
 -L/opt/homebrew/opt/readline/lib -L/opt/homebrew/lib
 -F/opt/homebrew/Frameworks -Wl,-headerpad_max_install_names
 -isysroot/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/SDKs/MacOSX14.sdk
 -L/opt/homebrew/lib/gcc/14 -I/opt/homebrew/opt/gcc/include
 -I/opt/homebrew/opt/libgccjit/include''
Configured features:
ACL GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS JPEG LCMS2 LIBXML2 MODULES NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY
KQUEUE NS PDUMPER PNG RSVG SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS
TREE_SITTER WEBP XIM ZLIB
Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  corfu-popupinfo-mode: t
  pdf-occur-global-minor-mode: t
  erc-track-mode: t
  erc-ring-mode: t
  erc-netsplit-mode: t
  erc-menu-mode: t
  erc-match-mode: t
  erc-log-mode: t
  erc-list-mode: t
  erc-irccontrols-mode: t
  erc-noncommands-mode: t
  erc-move-to-prompt-mode: t
  erc-readonly-mode: t
  erc-button-mode: t
  erc-fill-mode: t
  erc-stamp-mode: t
  erc-autojoin-mode: t
  erc-autoaway-mode: t
  erc-networks-mode: t
  mu4e-column-faces-mode: t
  mu4e-modeline-mode: t
  TeX-PDF-mode: t
  csv-field-index-mode: t
  auto-insert-mode: t
  flymake-mode: t
  idle-highlight-mode: t
  hl-todo-mode: t
  yas-minor-mode: t
  electric-pair-mode: t
  global-git-commit-mode: t
  magit-auto-revert-mode: t
  server-mode: t
  org-roam-db-autosync-mode: t
  global-corfu-mode: t
  corfu-mode: t
  fido-vertical-mode: t
  icomplete-vertical-mode: t
  icomplete-mode: t
  fido-mode: t
  minions-mode: t
  repeat-mode: t
  outline-minor-mode: t
  save-place-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  subword-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  global-auto-revert-mode: t
  global-hl-line-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tab-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  window-divider-mode: t
  minibuffer-regexp-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  hs-minor-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/Users/rrudakov/.config/emacs/elpa/ef-themes-1.7.0/theme-loaddefs 
hides 
/Users/rrudakov/.config/emacs/elpa/modus-themes-4.4.0/theme-loaddefs
/Users/rrudakov/.config/emacs/elpa/password-store-20231201.954/password-store 
hides /opt/homebrew/share/emacs/site-lisp/pass/password-store
/Users/rrudakov/.config/emacs/elpa/ef-themes-1.7.0/theme-loaddefs 
hides 
/opt/homebrew/Cellar/emacs-plus@30/30.0.60/share/emacs/30.0.60/lisp/theme-loaddefs

Features:
(shadow face-remap mail-extr emacsbug tramp-cmds cursor-sensor 
cus-start
checkdoc corfu-popupinfo github org-git ghub-graphql treepy gsexp ghub
url-http url-gw nsm url-auth google-translate-smooth-ui
google-translate-core-ui popup google-translate-core
google-translate-backend use-package-ensure password-store-otp
password-store auth-source-pass nov esxml-query pdf-occur tablist
tablist-filter semantic/wisent/comp semantic/wisent
semantic/wisent/wisent semantic/util-modes semantic/util semantic
semantic/tag semantic/lex semantic/fw mode-local cedet pdf-isearch
let-alist pdf-misc pdf-tools pdf-view jka-compr pdf-cache pdf-info tq
pdf-util pdf-macs ob-restclient restclient elfeed-show elfeed-search
elfeed-csv elfeed elfeed-curl elfeed-log elfeed-db elfeed-lib 
xml-query
erc-track erc-ring erc-netsplit erc-menu erc-match erc-log erc-list
erc-goodies erc-pcomplete erc-button erc-fill erc-stamp erc-join
erc-autoaway erc erc-backend erc-networks erc-common erc-compat
erc-loaddefs mu4e-column-faces mu4e-icalendar gnus-icalendar icalendar
mu4e mu4e-org mu4e-notification mu4e-main smtpmail mu4e-view
mu4e-mime-parts mu4e-headers mu4e-thread mu4e-actions mu4e-compose
mu4e-draft gnus-msg mu4e-search mu4e-lists mu4e-bookmarks mu4e-mark
mu4e-message flow-fill mu4e-contacts mu4e-update mu4e-folders
mu4e-context mu4e-query-items mu4e-server mu4e-modeline mu4e-vars
mu4e-helpers mu4e-config mu4e-window ido mu4e-obsolete rust-ts-mode
dockerfile-ts-mode lua-mode groovy-mode yaml-ts-mode haskell-mode
haskell-cabal haskell-utils haskell-font-lock haskell-indentation
haskell-string haskell-sort-imports haskell-lexeme 
haskell-align-imports
haskell-complete-module haskell-ghc-support flymake-proc etags 
fileloop
dabbrev haskell-customize latex-mode-expansions latex latex-flymake
tex-ispell tex-style font-latex tex texmathp pip-requirements pyvenv
eshell esh-cmd esh-ext esh-opt esh-proc esh-io esh-arg esh-module
esh-module-loaddefs esh-util css-mode-expansions css-mode eww 
url-queue
mm-url web-mode-expansions web-mode typescript-ts-mode
add-node-modules-path s js-mode-expansions js cc-mode-expansions 
cc-mode
cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine 
cc-vars
cc-defs prettier-js hippie-exp tempo clojure-mode-expansions
clj-refactor hydra lv inflections paredit cider tramp-sh cider-debug
cider-browse-ns cider-mode cider-xref-backend cider-find 
cider-inspector
cider-completion cider-profile cider-eval cider-jar arc-mode
archive-mode cider-repl-history pulse cider-repl cider-resolve
cider-test cider-overlays cider-stacktrace cider-doc cider-browse-spec
cider-clojuredocs cider-eldoc cider-docstring cider-client 
cider-common
cider-completion-context cider-connection cider-popup sesman-browser
nrepl-client cider-util sesman queue nrepl-dict spinner parseedn
parseclj-parser parseclj-lex parseclj-alist clojure-mode lisp-mnt 
align
java-ts-mode c-ts-common sqlformat sql-indent sql view pkgbuild-mode
logview datetime extmap bindat vlf-setup vlf vlf-base vlf-tune 
csv-mode
sort nginx-mode vimrc-mode ssh-config-mode xml-format reformatter
nxml-mode-expansions rng-nxml rng-valid nxml-mode nxml-outln nxml-rap
html-mode-expansions sgml-mode facemenu markdown-mode edit-indirect
color eglot external-completion jsonrpc ert ewoc debug backtrace
google-c-style autoinsert flymake-kondor flymake idle-highlight-mode
hl-todo yasnippet rg vc vc-dispatcher rg-info-hack rg-menu rg-ibuffer
rg-result wgrep-rg wgrep rg-history rg-header ibuf-ext grep
flyspell-correct expand-region subword-mode-expansions
text-mode-expansions the-org-mode-expansions
python-el-fgallina-expansions er-basic-expansions expand-region-core
expand-region-custom multiple-cursors mc-hide-unmatched-lines-mode
mc-separate-operations rectangular-region-mode mc-mark-pop 
mc-mark-more
mc-cycle-cursors mc-edit-lines multiple-cursors-core elec-pair 
git-link
gitignore-templates magit-bookmark magit-submodule magit-obsolete
magit-blame magit-stash magit-reflog magit-bisect magit-push 
magit-pull
magit-fetch magit-clone magit-remote magit-commit magit-sequence
magit-notes magit-worktree magit-tag magit-merge magit-branch
magit-reset magit-files magit-refs magit-status magit magit-repos
magit-apply magit-wip magit-log which-func magit-diff smerge-mode diff
git-commit log-edit pcvs-util add-log magit-core magit-autorevert
magit-margin magit-transient magit-process with-editor server 
magit-mode
transient edmacro kmacro magit-git magit-utils crm comp comp-cstr
warnings org-roam-migrate org-roam-log org-roam-mode org-roam-capture
org-roam-id org-roam-node org-roam-db emacsql-sqlite-builtin sqlite
org-roam-utils org-roam-compat org-roam org-capture org-attach
emacsql-sqlite emacsql-sqlite-common emacsql emacsql-compiler
magit-section async ob-async ob-plantuml ob-ditaa ob-clojure 
ob-haskell
ob-sqlite ob-shell ob-sql ob-python python pcase org-clock 
org-duration
comp-run comp-common oc-basic bibtex disp-table ol-info ol-gnus 
nnselect
gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime dig gnus-sum
shr-tag-pre-highlight language-detection shr pixel-fill kinsoku 
url-file
svg dom gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-dbus gnus-cloud nnimap
nnmail mail-source utf7 nnoo gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range message
sendmail yank-media rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mailabbrev gmm-utils
mailheader gnus-win gnus nnheader gnus-util mail-utils range mm-util
mail-prsvr appt diary-lib diary-loaddefs ox-jira ox-slack ox-gfm ox-md
ox-odt rng-loc rng-uri rng-parse rng-match rng-dt rng-util rng-pttrn
nxml-parse nxml-ns nxml-enc xmltok nxml-util ox-latex ox-icalendar
ox-html table ox-ascii ox-publish ox org-agenda org-element 
org-persist
org-id org-element-ast inline avl-tree generator org-refile
modus-vivendi-tinted-theme modus-themes org ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob
ob-table ob-exp org-macro org-src sh-script smie treesit executable
ob-comint org-pcomplete org-list org-footnote org-faces org-entities
ob-emacs-lisp ob-core ob-eval org-cycle org-table ol org-fold
org-fold-core org-keys oc org-loaddefs thingatpt find-func org-version
org-compat org-macs alert log4e notifications dbus xml gntp
exec-path-from-shell cape corfu icomplete minions compat repeat 
bookmark
hideshow noutline outline re-builder advice flyspell ispell calc
calc-loaddefs rect calc-macs cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs
dired-subtree dired-hacks-utils dash dired-git-info image-dired
image-dired-tags image-dired-external image-dired-util dired-aux xref
project saveplace savehist compile text-property-search ediff 
ediff-merg
ediff-mult ediff-wind ediff-diff ediff-help ediff-init ediff-util
diff-mode track-changes easy-mmode cap-words superword subword ibuffer
ibuffer-loaddefs imenu epa derived epg rfc6068 epg-config recentf
tree-widget autorevert filenotify tramp trampver tramp-integration
files-x tramp-message tramp-compat xdg shell pcomplete comint ansi-osc
ring parse-time iso8601 time-date format-spec ansi-color 
tramp-loaddefs
image-mode dired dired-loaddefs exif conf-mode hl-line gnutls puny
novice cl-extra help-mode use-package-core finder-inf
add-node-modules-path-autoloads alert-autoloads auctex-autoloads
tex-site cape-autoloads clj-refactor-autoloads cider-autoloads
clojure-mode-autoloads corfu-autoloads csv-mode-autoloads
debbugs-autoloads dired-git-info-autoloads dired-subtree-autoloads
dired-hacks-utils-autoloads dtrt-indent-autoloads
edit-indirect-autoloads ef-themes-autoloads elfeed-autoloads
emacs-everywhere-autoloads exec-path-from-shell-autoloads
expand-region-autoloads flymake-kondor-autoloads
flyspell-correct-autoloads ghub-autoloads gif-screencast-autoloads
git-link-autoloads gitignore-templates-autoloads gntp-autoloads
google-c-style-autoloads google-translate-autoloads
groovy-mode-autoloads haskell-mode-autoloads hl-todo-autoloads
hydra-autoloads idle-highlight-mode-autoloads inflections-autoloads
log4e-autoloads logview-autoloads datetime-autoloads extmap-autoloads
lua-mode-autoloads lv-autoloads magit-autoloads git-commit-autoloads
markdown-mode-autoloads minions-autoloads modus-themes-autoloads
mu4e-column-faces-autoloads multiple-cursors-autoloads
nginx-mode-autoloads nov-autoloads esxml-autoloads kv-autoloads
ob-async-autoloads async-autoloads ob-restclient-autoloads
org-roam-autoloads magit-section-autoloads emacsql-autoloads
org-tree-slide-autoloads ox-jira-autoloads ox-slack-autoloads
ox-gfm-autoloads paredit-autoloads parseedn-autoloads 
parseclj-autoloads
password-store-otp-autoloads password-store-autoloads
pdf-tools-autoloads pip-requirements-autoloads rx
pkgbuild-mode-autoloads plantuml-mode-autoloads dash-autoloads
popup-autoloads prettier-js-autoloads pyvenv-autoloads queue-autoloads
rainbow-mode-autoloads restclient-autoloads rg-autoloads s-autoloads
sesman-autoloads shr-tag-pre-highlight-autoloads
language-detection-autoloads sly-autoloads spinner-autoloads
sql-indent-autoloads sqlformat-autoloads ssh-config-mode-autoloads
tablist-autoloads telega-autoloads rainbow-identifiers-autoloads
treepy-autoloads vimrc-mode-autoloads visual-fill-column-autoloads
vlf-autoloads web-mode-autoloads wgrep-autoloads info
with-editor-autoloads xml-format-autoloads reformatter-autoloads
yasnippet-autoloads package browse-url url url-proxy url-privacy
url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie generate-lisp-file
url-domsuf url-util mailcap url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq
eieio eieio-core cl-macs password-cache json subr-x map byte-opt gv
bytecomp byte-compile url-vars cus-edit pp cus-load icons wid-edit
cl-loaddefs cl-lib rmc iso-transl tooltip cconv eldoc paren electric
uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel
term/ns-win ns-win ucs-normalize mule-util term/common-win tool-bar 
dnd
fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment
text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar 
rfn-eshadow
isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock 
syntax
font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple 
cl-generic
indonesian philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew 
greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button 
loaddefs
theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget 
keymap
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads kqueue cocoa ns lcms2
multi-tty make-network-process native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 1182935 118223) (symbols 48 77853 8)
 (strings 32 343811 24128) (string-bytes 1 10620732)
 (vectors 16 312730) (vector-slots 8 2945571 75904)
 (floats 8 91678 78) (intervals 56 1274 0) (buffers 992 16))

-- 
Best regards, Roman