Subject: Re: [bug#71991] [PATCH 2/2] gnu: emacs-yeetube: Update to 2.1.7

From: Nicolas Goaziou <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Jul 2024 10:05:46 +0200

Hello,

Thanos Apollo <[email-masked]> writes:

> * gnu/packages/emacs-xyz.scm (emacs-yeetube): Update to 2.1.7.

Thank you. Some comments follow.

>  (define-public emacs-yeetube
> -  (let ((commit "c9721a295f4fd30a44e94b3424151fa8a14d22ae")) ;version bump
> +  (let ((commit "5c0a3efd2fb5cc25a6a90741ad198e31fdb15640"))

Why did you remove the comment?

> -      (synopsis "Youtube and Invidious front-end for Emacs")
> +      (synopsis "Youtube front-end for Emacs")
>        (description
> -       "This package offers an Emacs interface that allows you to search YouTube
> -or an Invidious instance for a specific query.  The search results are shown
> -as links in an Org mode buffer.  The videos can be opened to a user-defined
> -video player (by default @command{mpv}) or downloaded using @command{yt-dlp}.
> -This package also includes a @code{yt-dlp} front-end.")
> +       "This package provides the ability to scrape YouTube, with the results
> +displayed in a tabulated list.")

The changes to synopsis and description should be mentioned in the
commit log, too.

Please note that I find the new description much less informative. In
particular, I find "scrape YouTube" not being very clear. May you
expound this a bit?

Regards,
-- 
Nicolas Goaziou