Subject: Re: [bug#71989] [PATCH 0/2] gnu: guile-emacs: Remove variable.

From: Nicolas Graves <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2025 20:46:08 +0100

On 2025-03-14 18:40, Janneke Nieuwenhuizen wrote:

> Arun Isaac writes:
>
>> Hi Janneke,
>>
>> Oops, sorry! I saw the old consensus on this issue to remove
>> guile-emacs, and did so without looking at the new work on guile-emacs.
>> I have reverted my commits now.
>
> Thank you, you raced me.  I wanted to apologize for my tone...I guess I
> should take some rest.
>
> What I meant to say was: I spent two days in December to resurrect it,
> sorry I failed to notice there were problems.  I'll look into this.

Looked into this quickly too.  I guess what's missing is a right commit
for both guile-emacs and guile-for-guile-emacs that work together, and
have Guix development channels for both of them.

There's an email on the guile-emacs mailing list with 2 patch series in
codeberg, I guess they should work together.  It's true indeed that it's
hindering development in Guix that we don't have a "clean setup".

-- 
Best regards,
Nicolas Graves