Subject: bug#71988: 31.0.50; ert-test-run-tests-batch-expensive runs out of memory if previous tests failed

From: Pip Cet <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 01 Mar 2025 09:47:18 +0000

"Stefan Kangas" <[email-masked]> writes:

> tags 71988 + patch
> thanks
>
> Pip Cet <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> On Monday, July 8th, 2024 at 04:49, Pip Cet <[email-masked]> wrote:
>>> This bug report is mostly to get a bug number to put in the patch :-).
>>
>> Which I'm now attaching. Sorry about that.
>
> Makes sense to me.  How about installing it?

I'm not sure whether this needs to be applied to
ert-test-run-tests-batch and ert-test-run-tests-interactively, too (and
at that point we'd probably need to make it a macro capturing messages).

However, I can't reproduce the problem with the patch applied, so I'll
push it assuming Stefan Monnier doesn't speak up against the local
overriding of cl-print-object.  Is that something we can rely on working
in the future, too?

Pip