Subject: Re: comp--spill-lap-function and closure (wad: bug#71934: 31.0.50; edebug--called-interactively-skip vs. new fun objects)

From: Alan Mackenzie <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Jul 2024 10:18:51 +0000

Hello, Michael.

On Mon, Jul 08, 2024 at 03:35:16 +0200, Michael Heerdegen wrote:
> Alan Mackenzie <[email-masked]> writes:

> > It's apparent that the one that used to work,

> >     (cl-defmethod comp--spill-lap-function ((form list))

> > , no longer works since function forms were converted to a different
> > format in March.  It needs modifying to handle the new format.

> That was the question.

> So, of what kind can the argument FORM be?  Any form (any lisp
> expression - any kind of "code") - lambda lists, function values?

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by "function value".  Before March,
that method handled lists whose car was either lambda or closure.  It
likely still does.

> As far as I understand the above method originally supported lambda
> lists and you made it handle function values as well.

I made it handle lists with a car of closure.

> And because function values are now represented differently the above
> method does not handle this case any more.

> Is this correct?

I think so, yes.  It would appear we need a new version of
comp--spill-lap-function to handle the new format of functions.

> Thx,

> Michael.

-- 
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).