Subject: Re: comp--spill-lap-function and closure (wad: bug#71934: 31.0.50; edebug--called-interactively-skip vs. new fun objects)

From: Michael Heerdegen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Jul 2024 03:35:16 +0200

Alan Mackenzie <[email-masked]> writes:

> It's apparent that the one that used to work,
>
>     (cl-defmethod comp--spill-lap-function ((form list))
>
> , no longer works since function forms were converted to a different
> format in March.  It needs modifying to handle the new format.

That was the question.

So, of what kind can the argument FORM be?  Any form (any lisp
expression - any kind of "code") - lambda lists, function values?

As far as I understand the above method originally supported lambda
lists and you made it handle function values as well.  And because
function values are now represented differently the above method does
not handle this case any more.

Is this correct?

Thx,

Michael.