Subject: Re: bug#71913: 29.1; shr: shr-resize-image does not behave as expected

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2024 08:58:44 +0300

> Cc: [email-masked]
> Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2024 16:51:53 -0700
> From: Jim Porter <[email-masked]>
> 
> On 7/10/2024 12:02 PM, George Huebner wrote:
> > As I understand it, this decision was likely made because the dimensions 
> > of SVGs is weird; they aren't inherently required to have a size, but 
> > the SVG itself can define a viewbox with accompanying width and height 
> > (full disclosure: I have no idea what I'm talking about).
> 
> I think this was just a mistake. I tried getting rid of the special case 
> for SVG and everything works just fine in builds with or without SVG 
> support. (In builds without SVG support, you just get the empty string 
> where an SVG would be, before and after this patch.)

What version of librsvg did you test this with?  Please test also with
librsvg 2.40.x, as that was the last version which didn't need a Rust
compiler to build, and so some people (including yours truly) stay
with those old versions to this day.

Thanks.