Subject: Re: bug#71909: 30.0.60;

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2024 18:34:04 +0300

> From: Ihor Radchenko <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
> Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2024 15:02:18 +0000
> 
> Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> >> > You mean, someone has written a tree-sitter grammar for Rich Text?
> >> 
> >> Yes. I did not check in details, but I did quick search before writing
> >> my email and arrived at https://github.com/GoodNotes/tree-sitter-rtf
> >
> > Someone will need to generate the parser from that, before people can
> > compile and use the grammar library.
> 
> What is the problem generating parser library from source code?
> The source code is there. Generating is simply yarn generate.

We want to assume that everyone has yarn (and Node.js)?
treesit-install-language-grammar assumes the library's Git repository
includes code in C or C++.

All the other grammar libraries include the parser (and scanner, where
needed) in the Git repository, so I wonder why this one doesn't.