Subject: Re: bug#71909: 30.0.60;

From: Cecilio Pardo <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 5 Oct 2024 19:14:20 +0200

On 05/10/2024 14:42, Eli Zaretskii wrote:

> Btw, perhaps we should discuss the implementation ideas you have
> first.  I'm guessing you are going to somehow map the clipboard
> formats defined by Windows to MIME types, then I wonder what should we
> do with the virtually open-ended set of Windows clipboard formats.
> 
> Or maybe you have other ideas?

Yes, I was thinking about mapping some of the formats, and ignoring the 
rest. Looking at the lisp files inside emacs, only these formats seem to 
be in use:

image/*
text/html (which is treated as text in sgml-mode)
x/special-\\(?:gnome\\|KDE\\|mate\\)-files

So CF_BITMAP and CF_HDROP, and maybe CF_HTML would cover all. Metafiles 
could be converted to bitmaps.

As for other formats, other than offer them as application/octet-stream, 
I don't know.