Subject: bug#71909: closed (Re: bug#71909: 30.0.60;)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sun, 03 Nov 2024 13:15:04 +0000

Your bug report

#71909: 30.0.60; Can not use yank-media for pasting image from clipboad in org-mode on Windows platform

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
71909: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=71909
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#71909: 30.0.60;
From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
To: Cecilio Pardo <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 03 Nov 2024 15:14:15 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> Date: Sat, 2 Nov 2024 21:30:38 +0100
> Cc: [email-masked]
> From: Cecilio Pardo <[email-masked]>
> 
> On 02/11/2024 13:09, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> >> Date: Sat, 2 Nov 2024 12:24:58 +0100
> >> Cc: [email-masked]
> >> From: Cecilio Pardo <[email-masked]>
> >>
> >>>
> >>>> +Elements in FORMATS are symbols naming a format, such a image/png, or
> >>>> +image/jpeg.  They don't need to be MIME types, any format available can
> >>>> +be retrieved.  For compatibility with X systems, some conventional
> >>>> +format names are translated to equivalent MIME types.
> >>>
> >>> Should this mention 'w32--selection-target-translations'?
> >>>
> >>> And I don't understand what you mean by the second sentence above.
> >>> Surely, "any format" can be retrieved only if there's a handler for
> >>> it?
> >>
> >> Someone may use this function outside of yank-media to get data from the
> >> clipboard, and handle it herself.
> > 
> > Then maybe this sentence should be removed?  What useful information
> > does it provide?
> 
> I did that. New patch attached with all corrections.

Thanks, installed on master, and closing the bug.

Subject: 30.0.60; Can not use yank-media for pasting image from clipboad in org-mode on Windows platform
From: Eason Huang <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 03 Jul 2024 12:45:17 +0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi Emacs,

Rencently I tried to use yank-media for pasting image from clipboad in
org-mode, It works as expected on Linux system, but it doesn't works on
Windows 10 and Windows 11.

Does it mean that it doesn't support Windows platform?

Steps to reproduce:

1. Start Emacs with `emacs -Q`
2. C-x C-f ~/test.org to open a file in org-mode
3. Copy any image in clipboard
4. M-x yank-media on the test.org file, will get following message:
```
user-error: No handler in the current buffer for anything on the
clipboard
```

5. try M-x yank-media-types, only get the `primary:STRING`

In GNU Emacs 30.0.60 (build 1, x86_64-w64-mingw32, git sha1 b2d99c0d0aa)
of 2024-07-01 built on DESKTOP-VIHFE84

Windowing system distributor 'Microsoft Corp.', version 10.0.19045
System Description: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro (v10.0.2009.19045.4529)

Configured using:
 'configure --without-native-compilation --without-dbus'

Configured features:
ACL GIF GMP GNUTLS HARFBUZZ JPEG LCMS2 LIBXML2 MODULES NOTIFY W32NOTIFY
PDUMPER PNG RSVG SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS
TREE_SITTER WEBP XPM ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: CHS
  locale-coding-system: cp936

Major mode: Org

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  minibuffer-regexp-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug vc-git diff-mode track-changes
easy-mmode vc-dispatcher oc-basic cl-extra help-mode org-element
org-persist org-id org-refile org-element-ast inline avl-tree generator
ol-eww eww xdg url-queue mm-url ol-rmail ol-mhe ol-irc ol-info ol-gnus
nnselect gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime gnutls dig
gnus-sum shr pixel-fill kinsoku url-file svg dom gnus-group gnus-undo
gnus-start gnus-dbus dbus xml gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail browse-url url
url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie
generate-lisp-file url-domsuf url-util url-parse auth-source cl-seq
eieio eieio-core cl-macs json map byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile
url-vars mail-source utf7 nnoo parse-time gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range
message sendmail mailcap yank-media puny rfc822 mml mml-sec
password-cache epa derived epg rfc6068 epg-config mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mailabbrev
gmm-utils mailheader gnus-win gnus nnheader gnus-util
text-property-search mail-utils range mm-util mail-prsvr wid-edit
ol-docview doc-view filenotify jka-compr image-mode exif dired
dired-loaddefs ol-bibtex bibtex iso8601 ol-bbdb ol-w3m ol-doi
org-link-doi org ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp org-macro
org-src sh-script smie treesit executable ob-comint org-pcomplete
pcomplete comint ansi-osc ansi-color ring org-list org-footnote
org-faces org-entities time-date subr-x noutline outline icons
org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob-core ob-eval org-cycle org-table ol rx
org-fold org-fold-core org-keys oc org-loaddefs thingatpt find-func
cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs org-compat org-macs format-spec
cl-loaddefs cl-lib china-util rmc iso-transl tooltip cconv eldoc paren
electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel
touch-screen dos-w32 ls-lisp disp-table term/w32-win w32-win w32-vars
term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register
page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors
frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic indonesian philippine
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript
charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure
cl-preloaded button loaddefs theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp
files window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env
code-pages mule custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote
threads w32notify w32 lcms2 multi-tty move-toolbar make-network-process
emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 203309 45833) (symbols 48 21586 3) (strings 32 69962 3229)
 (string-bytes 1 1824468) (vectors 16 38531)
 (vector-slots 8 453695 13842) (floats 8 275 135) (intervals 56 587 0)
 (buffers 992 13))

-- 
Eason Huang