Subject: bug#7190: Crash in menus on w32

From: grischka <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2010 18:20:48 +0200

Jason Rumney wrote:
> grischka <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
>>> The above code was to fix a memory and resource leak in that case.
>> With the patch, leaking these strings cannot happen by design also
>> provided the MENUITEMs themselves are destroyed correctly always which
>> is made sure by bugs 2/3 fixed:
>>>> 2) memory leak: was trying to free items from already deleted menu
>>>> 3) memory leak: was trying to free menu from already deleted window
> 
> OK, I understand now - it seems you have fixed the underlying bug that
> caused that memory leak to happen in the first place, so the timer
> kludge is no longer neccesary.
> 

Just tried to be less clever.

"Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place.
Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are,
by definition, not smart enough to debug it." -- Brian Kernighan