Subject: bug#7190: Crash in menus on w32

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2010 21:40:41 +0200

> From: Lennart Borgman <[email-masked]>
> Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2010 21:13:08 +0200
> Cc: [email-masked]
> 
> >> I just meant adding some DebPrint statements and recompile.
> >
> > I wouldn't know where to add these statements, because we have no idea
> > what is causing the memory corruption which leads to the crash.
> 
> I would assume that is all happens within the menus.

No, it happens within Emacs.  We allocate the memory that we free when
Emacs crashes.

> Is the menu code synched with the other code? Is it perhaps running
> in a separate thread and not in Emacs normal GUI thread?

You can see in the backtrace that the code which crashes is called
from command_loop -> read_key_sequence -> read_socket chain, which is
part of the normal Emacs input processing of the main thread.