Subject: bug#7190: Crash in menus on w32

From: Lennart Borgman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2010 11:37:52 +0200

On Tue, Oct 12, 2010 at 6:04 AM, Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> From: Lennart Borgman <[email-masked]>
>> Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2010 23:21:27 +0200
>> Cc: [email-masked]
>>
>> > One thing to do would be to see, each time this happen, which menu,
>> > submenu, menu item(s) are involved.  If they are the same every time,
>> > you will have to take a closer look at the code which creates them.
>>
>> I will try to remember what I did next time. I was in a hurry when
>> this happened so I am not quite sure.
>
> I didn't mean that you need to remember what you did.  I meant to use
> the debugger _when_ it crashes to find out what was the menu in
> question.

Exactly how do I see that?

>> Maybe it would be useful to trace the order of events with DebPrint
>> since they seem to be wrong? Any suggestions on what to trace?
>
> I have no idea, because I don't know how to guess that from the
> backtrace alone.  At least some data regarding the reason(s) of the
> crash is needed, see above.

I just meant adding some DebPrint statements and recompile.