Subject: Re: [bug#71897] [PATCH v8 8/8] gnu: telegram-desktop: Update to 5.5.5.

From: dan <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Sep 2024 11:51:40 +0800

Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]> writes:

>> +               (add-after 'use-system-xdg-desktop-portal 
>> 'patch-libwebview
>> +                 (lambda _
>> +                   (substitute* 
>> "Telegram/lib_webview/webview/webview_interface.h"
>> +                     (("constexpr ") ""))))
>
> GCC should know about constexpr; perhaps the wrong C++ standard 
> (can be
> provided via a CMake flag) is being selected, or alternatively 
> you could
> provide a newer gcc compiler native inputs?

Mentioned in a previous cover letter, when trying to build 
telegram-desktop with a newer version of gcc (I've tried gcc-12, 
gcc-13 and gcc-14), I ran into an issue which is similar to:
https://issues.guix.gnu.org/43579.

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
/tmp/guix-build-telegram-desktop-5.5.5.drv-0/source/Telegram/lib_base/base/algorithm.cpp:21:47: 
error: ?FE_ALL_EXCEPT? was not declared in this scope
   21 |         const auto errors = 
   std::fetestexcept(FE_ALL_EXCEPT);
      | 
      ^~~~~~~~~~~~~
/tmp/guix-build-telegram-desktop-5.5.5.drv-0/source/Telegram/lib_base/base/algorithm.cpp:28:14: 
error: ?feclearexcept? is not a member of ?std?
   28 |         std::feclearexcept(FE_ALL_EXCEPT);
      |              ^~~~~~~~~~~~~
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

-- 
dan