Subject: bug#71886: closed (Re: bug#71886: Diffoscope test suite fails with openssh 9.8p1)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Fri, 05 Jul 2024 19:30:02 +0000

Your bug report

#71886: Diffoscope test suite fails with openssh 9.8p1

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
71886: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=71886
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#71886: Diffoscope test suite fails with openssh 9.8p1
From: Vagrant Cascadian <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Richard Sent <[email-masked]>, Kaelyn <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 Jul 2024 12:28:53 -0700
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

On 2024-07-05, Vagrant Cascadian wrote:
> On 2024-07-05, Kaelyn wrote:
>> I've encountered the diffoscope failure as well, and looked at their
>> repo to see how new version 271 was and what activity has happened
>> since. It looks like they may have already fixed the test failures,
>> pending a new release:
>> https://salsa.debian.org/reproducible-builds/diffoscope/-/commit/0743d63f85f298131e78045ec6d73acdc50b97eb
>
> And 272 is tagged with hopefully minor other changes ... working on a
> patch now!

Pushed as e725e47a695c82305fa65e63e54477c6a210f53d.

The upstream changes were very minor, essentially only fixing this one
issue triggering build failure and a few debian-specific changes, so
hopefully it was ok to just go ahead and push it.

Thanks for reporting the issue and pointing out the fix was in progress!

live well,
  vagrant

Subject: Diffoscope test suite fails with openssh 9.8p1
From: Richard Sent <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 01 Jul 2024 17:50:20 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi all,

With Guix 6522f93ed098fa13f51f6d017035607e26237d31 diffoscope's test
suite fails. I'm reporting this here in case we want to try to implement
some kind of workaround in the meantime.

Diffoscope does not seem to have an upstream issue opened yet. I tried
reporting it but was blocked by the classic "yet another gitlab account
that needs manual approval" problem. It's possible this problem is
unique to Guix though.

I tried upgrading Guix's Diffoscope to 271 and encountered the same
issue.

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
=================================== FAILURES ===================================
__________________________________ test_diff ___________________________________

differences = []

    @skip_unless_tool_is_at_least("ssh-keygen", openssh_version, "6.9")
    def test_diff(differences):
        expected_diff = get_data("openssh_pub_key_expected_diff")
>       assert differences[0].unified_diff == expected_diff
E       IndexError: list index out of range

tests/comparators/test_openssh_pub_key.py:60: IndexError
__________________________ test_compare_non_existing ___________________________

monkeypatch = <_pytest.monkeypatch.MonkeyPatch object at 0x7fffefd20190>
opensshpubkey1 = <<class 'abc.PublicKeyFile'> /tmp/guix-build-diffoscope-271.drv-0/source/tests/data/test_openssh_pub_key1.pub>

    @skip_unless_tools_exist("ssh-keygen")
    def test_compare_non_existing(monkeypatch, opensshpubkey1):
        monkeypatch.setattr(Config(), "new_file", True)
        difference = opensshpubkey1.compare(
            MissingFile("/nonexisting", opensshpubkey1)
        )
        assert difference.source2 == "/nonexisting"
>       assert len(difference.details) > 0
E       assert 0 > 0
E        +  where 0 = len([])
E        +    where [] = <Difference /tmp/guix-build-diffoscope-271.drv-0/source/tests/data/test_openssh_pub_key1.pub -- /nonexisting []>.details

tests/comparators/test_openssh_pub_key.py:70: AssertionError
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

-- 
Take it easy,
Richard Sent
Making my computer weirder one commit at a time.