Subject: bug#71866: 30.0.50; [macOS] Cursor hiding char behind it with certain theme customization

From: Alan Third <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2024 17:02:20 +0100

On Mon, Jul 22, 2024 at 04:27:30PM +0100, Alan Third wrote:
> 
> AFAIK it's the only way of *drawing* the cursor, but it's certainly
> possible that something else is *clearing* that space and not
> redrawing the cursor. Unfortunately I've no idea what that might be.

FWIW, and apologies if you've already noticed this, but on my Mac I
can see it drawing a white hollow box cursor on the second frame when
the first frame is selected. I can see it overlapping some of the
characters.

Is it possible you're seeing a white box cursor with white text
instead of a black box cursor with white text?

A little git archaeology shows that the colour handling used to be a
lot more complicated, but it was simplified some time ago. I don't
understand what the old code was doing, and colour handling on the NS
port was always a little different for some reason...
-- 
Alan Third