Subject: bug#71866: 30.0.50; [macOS] Cursor hiding char behind it with certain theme customization

From: Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2024 03:48:22 +0300

On 23/07/2024 14:19, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
>> Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2024 04:11:56 +0300
>> From: Dmitry Gutov<[email-masked]>
>>
>>> Is it possible you're seeing a white box cursor with white text
>>> instead of a black box cursor with white text?
>> Perhaps if Emacs only uses the said "white box cursor" for the active
>> frame only? And only when certain characters are under the cursor?
>>
>> TBF in my custom config I see a more advanced version of this (many/most
>> characters become blank under cursor after switching to some secondary
>> frame) - but still that doesn't seem to happen in non-selected frames.
> That sounds like clipping to me.  (It should be followed by drawing in
> the clipped region, but for some reason isn't.)  Emacs sometimes clips
> and clears a region around the cursor if it thinks redrawing the
> cursor will affect neighboring characters.

Just to clarify: in each of those cases only one char is blanked at a 
time, it's just that with my personal config I don't have to try so hard 
to reproduce it (don't have to put the cursor over 's', let's just say).