Subject: Re: bug#71840: 30.0.60; Reference to non-existent variable in c-opt-extra-label-key docstring

From: Alan Mackenzie <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2024 20:33:25 +0000

Hello, Stefan.

On Sat, Jun 29, 2024 at 06:12:10 -0700, Stefan Kangas wrote:
> Severity: minor

> There is a reference to a variable `c-nonlabel-decl-prefix-re` in the
> `c-opt-extra-label-key` docstring (cc-langs.el:4400), but I can't find
> that variable anywhere in our tree.

How on Earth did you spot that?  :-)

Yes, it's true, that variable doesn't exist.  I've found the commit
where it came into the doc string (from 2003-11-21), and the variable
itself was not in that commit.  I can only assume that Martin (my
predecessor on CC Mode) created it as part of the patch, documented it,
then before committing the change decided it wasn't needed, but forgot
to amend the documentation.  Or something like that.

I'll fix the documentation in the next day or so.

Thanks!

-- 
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).