Subject: bug#71829: closed (Re: bug#71829: 31.0.50; face-remap does not work with cursor)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sat, 13 Jul 2024 10:00:03 +0000

Your bug report

#71829: 31.0.50; face-remap does not work with cursor

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
71829: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=71829
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#71829: 31.0.50; face-remap does not work with cursor
From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
To: Aaron Jensen <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 13 Jul 2024 12:58:50 +0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> From: Aaron Jensen <[email-masked]>
> Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2024 06:53:46 -0700
> 
> Got it, thank you. I'm fine foregoing it. I found another way to do the thing I was trying to do with it.

No further comments in two weeks, so I'm closing this bug.

Subject: 31.0.50; face-remap does not work with cursor
From: Aaron Jensen <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2024 22:12:58 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Neither face-remap-set-base, nor face-remap-add-relative appear to work
with the cursor face.

(face-remap-set-base 'cursor :background "red")
(face-remap-add-relative 'default :background "red")

In GNU Emacs 31.0.50 (build 1, aarch64-apple-darwin23.5.0, NS
 appkit-2487.60 Version 14.5 (Build 23F79)) of 2024-06-25 built on
 Aarons-MacBook-Pro.local
Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.2487
System Description:  macOS 14.5

Configured using:
 'configure --disable-dependency-tracking --disable-silent-rules
 --enable-locallisppath=/opt/homebrew/share/emacs/site-lisp
 --infodir=/opt/homebrew/Cellar/emacs-plus@30/30.0.50/share/info/emacs
 --prefix=/opt/homebrew/Cellar/emacs-plus@30/30.0.50 --with-xml2
 --with-gnutls --with-native-compilation --without-compress-install
 --without-dbus --without-imagemagick --with-modules --with-rsvg
 --with-webp --with-ns --disable-ns-self-contained 'CFLAGS=-Os -w -pipe
 -mmacosx-version-min=14
 -isysroot/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/SDKs/MacOSX14.sdk
 -DFD_SETSIZE=10000 -DDARWIN_UNLIMITED_SELECT
 -I/opt/homebrew/opt/gcc/include -I/opt/homebrew/opt/libgccjit/include'
 'CPPFLAGS=-I/opt/homebrew/opt/zlib/include
 -I/opt/homebrew/opt/jpeg/include -I/opt/homebrew/opt/icu4c/include
 -I/opt/homebrew/opt/sqlite/include -I/opt/homebrew/opt/readline/include
 -isystem/opt/homebrew/include -F/opt/homebrew/Frameworks
 -isysroot/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/SDKs/MacOSX14.sdk'
 'LDFLAGS=-L/opt/homebrew/opt/zlib/lib -L/opt/homebrew/opt/jpeg/lib
 -L/opt/homebrew/opt/icu4c/lib -L/opt/homebrew/opt/sqlite/lib
 -L/opt/homebrew/opt/readline/lib -L/opt/homebrew/lib
 -F/opt/homebrew/Frameworks -Wl,-headerpad_max_install_names
 -isysroot/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/SDKs/MacOSX14.sdk
 -L/opt/homebrew/lib/gcc/14 -I/opt/homebrew/opt/gcc/include
 -I/opt/homebrew/opt/libgccjit/include''

Configured features:
ACL GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS JPEG LCMS2 LIBXML2 MODULES NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY
KQUEUE NS PDUMPER PNG RSVG SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS
TREE_SITTER WEBP XIM ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Magit Log

Minor modes in effect:
  treemacs-filewatch-mode: t
  treemacs-follow-mode: t
  treemacs-git-mode: t
  treemacs-fringe-indicator-mode: t
  windmove-mode: t
  magit-delta-mode: t
  global-git-commit-mode: t
  transient-posframe-mode: t
  global-flycheck-mode: t
  xterm-mouse-mode: t
  global-auto-revert-mode: t
  ns-auto-titlebar-mode: t
  global-anzu-mode: t
  anzu-mode: t
  which-key-posframe-mode: t
  which-key-mode: t
  corfu-prescient-mode: t
  corfu-history-mode: t
  eval-sexp-fu-flash-mode: t
  eros-mode: t
  speed-of-thought-mode: t
  global-evil-surround-mode: t
  evil-surround-mode: t
  gcmh-mode: t
  undo-fu-session-global-mode: t
  ws-butler-global-mode: t
  save-place-mode: t
  winner-mode: t
  tabspaces-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  yas-global-mode: t
  yas-minor-mode: t
  vertico-prescient-mode: t
  prescient-persist-mode: t
  vertico-mouse-mode: t
  vertico-mode: t
  mini-frame-mode: t
  better-jumper-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  repeat-mode: t
  modern-tab-bar-mode: t
  +popup-mode: t
  evil-mode: t
  evil-local-mode: t
  server-mode: t
  leader-key-leader-override-mode: t
  global-leader-key-leader-override-mode: t
  elpaca-use-package-mode: t
  override-global-mode: t
  global-display-line-numbers-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tab-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  window-divider-mode: t
  minibuffer-regexp-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/Users/aaronjensen/.emacs.d/elpaca/builds/lispy/elpa hides /Users/aaronjensen/.emacs.d/elpaca/builds/ivy/elpa
/Users/aaronjensen/.emacs.d/elpaca/builds/which-key/which-key hides /opt/homebrew/Cellar/emacs-plus@30/30.0.50/share/emacs/31.0.50/lisp/which-key

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug swiper ivy ivy-faces ivy-overlay colir
evil-terminal-cursor-changer evil-collection-custom tramp-cmds
treemacs-magit treemacs-evil treemacs-tab-bar all-the-icons
all-the-icons-faces data-material data-weathericons data-octicons
data-fileicons data-faicons data-alltheicons treemacs
treemacs-header-line treemacs-compatibility treemacs-mode
treemacs-bookmarks treemacs-tags treemacs-interface treemacs-persistence
treemacs-filewatch-mode treemacs-follow-mode treemacs-rendering
treemacs-annotations treemacs-async treemacs-workspaces treemacs-dom
treemacs-visuals treemacs-fringe-indicator pulse treemacs-faces
treemacs-icons treemacs-scope treemacs-themes treemacs-core-utils
pfuture hl-line ht treemacs-logging treemacs-customization
treemacs-macros windmove goto-addr vc-hg vc-bzr vc-src vc-sccs vc-svn
vc-cvs vc-rcs log-view bug-reference magit-delta xterm-color
evil-collection-magit magit-bookmark magit-submodule magit-blame
magit-stash magit-reflog magit-bisect magit-push magit-pull magit-fetch
magit-clone magit-remote magit-commit magit-sequence magit-notes
magit-worktree magit-tag magit-merge magit-branch magit-reset
magit-files magit-refs magit-status magit package url-handlers
magit-repos magit-apply magit-wip magit-log which-func magit-diff
smerge-mode diff git-commit log-edit pcvs-util add-log magit-core
magit-autorevert magit-margin magit-transient magit-process with-editor
magit-mode transient-posframe transient magit-git magit-base
magit-section crm evil-collection-helpful helpful cc-langs cc-vars
cc-defs trace cl-print info-look info elisp-refs flycheck xt-mouse
autorevert ns-auto-titlebar evil-anzu anzu vertico-directory
cursor-sensor org-goto tab-line hide-mode-line evil-collection-vterm
vterm bookmark tramp trampver tramp-integration files-x tramp-message
tramp-compat tramp-loaddefs compile color term ehelp vterm-module
term/xterm xterm popup-mode-core popup-mode-hacks which-key-posframe
posframe evil-collection-which-key which-key cape corfu-prescient
corfu-history evil-collection-corfu corfu dtrt-indent eval-sexp-fu eros
lispyville lispy lispy-inline avy etags fileloop evil-collection-edebug
edebug help-fns radix-tree lispy-tags mode-local zoutline elisp-def ert
ewoc evil-collection-debug debug backtrace evil-collection-xref xref f s
dash sotlisp skeleton elec-pair envrc inheritenv evil-surround
evil-matchit-evil-setup vc-git diff-mode track-changes flyspell ispell
org-indent org-appear orgonomic org-superstar form-feed oc-basic ol-eww
eww url-queue mm-url ol-rmail ol-mhe ol-irc ol-info ol-gnus nnselect
gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime gnutls dig gnus-sum shr
pixel-fill kinsoku url-file svg dom gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start
gnus-dbus dbus xml gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail browse-url mail-source utf7
nnoo parse-time gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range message sendmail
yank-media rfc822 mml mml-sec epa epg rfc6068 epg-config mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader gnus-win gnus
nnheader gnus-util text-property-search mail-utils range ol-docview
doc-view filenotify jka-compr image-mode exif ol-bibtex bibtex iso8601
ol-bbdb ol-w3m ol-doi org-link-doi org-download org-attach url-http
url-auth mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 mm-util ietf-drums
mail-prsvr url-gw nsm puny async evil-org-agenda evil-org ob-shell shell
imenu ox-odt rng-loc rng-uri rng-parse rng-match rng-dt rng-util
rng-pttrn nxml-parse nxml-ns nxml-enc xmltok nxml-util ox-latex
ox-icalendar org-agenda ox-ascii ox-gfm ox-md ox-html table ox-publish
ox org-element org-persist xdg org-id org-refile org-element-ast inline
avl-tree generator org-tempo tempo org ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob
ob-table ob-exp org-macro org-src sh-script smie treesit executable
ob-comint org-pcomplete pcomplete comint ansi-osc ansi-color org-list
org-footnote org-faces org-entities time-date noutline outline
ob-emacs-lisp ob-core ob-eval org-cycle org-table ol org-fold
org-fold-core org-keys oc org-loaddefs find-func cal-menu calendar
cal-loaddefs org-version org-compat org-macs format-spec gcmh
undo-fu-session ws-butler saveplace winner tabspaces dired-x dired
dired-loaddefs vc vc-dispatcher savehist delsel yasnippet
vertico-prescient prescient char-fold vertico-mouse vertico mini-frame
better-jumper recentf tree-widget repeat project orderless
modern-tab-bar popup-mode popup-mode-settings evil-collection-elpaca
evil-collection annalist evil-little-word cus-edit cus-start cus-load
wid-edit pp evil evil-integration evil-maps evil-commands evil-digraphs
reveal evil-jumps evil-command-window evil-types evil-search evil-ex
evil-macros evil-repeat evil-states evil-core advice evil-common
thingatpt rect evil-vars memoize nano-modeline nano-theme face-remap
nano-theme-support disp-table gcmh-autoloads copy-as-format-autoloads
pdf-tools-autoloads tablist-autoloads restclient-autoloads
vterm-autoloads dumb-jump-autoloads popup-autoloads haml-mode-autoloads
emmet-mode-autoloads terraform-mode-autoloads hcl-mode-autoloads
dockerfile-mode-autoloads yaml-mode-autoloads json-mode-autoloads
json-snatcher-autoloads grip-mode-autoloads lua-mode-autoloads
bundler-autoloads inf-ruby-autoloads ruby-refactor-autoloads
evil-ruby-text-objects-autoloads sotlisp-autoloads elisp-def-autoloads
lispyville-autoloads lispy-autoloads iedit-autoloads swiper-autoloads
ivy-autoloads zoutline-autoloads eros-autoloads eval-sexp-fu-autoloads
web-mode-autoloads ripgrep-capf-autoloads git-link-autoloads
consult-git-commit-autoloads git-timemachine-autoloads
magit-delta-autoloads xterm-color-autoloads prettier-autoloads
iter2-autoloads nvm-autoloads flycheck-autoloads lsp-ui-autoloads
lsp-mode-autoloads spinner-autoloads markdown-mode-autoloads
consult-notes-autoloads denote-autoloads imenu-list-autoloads
org-superstar-autoloads ox-gfm-autoloads org-pandoc-import-autoloads
gnuplot-autoloads org-download-autoloads async-autoloads
org-journal-autoloads orgonomic-autoloads org-drill-autoloads
persist-autoloads org-appear-autoloads org-mac-link-autoloads
evil-org-autoloads evil-terminal-cursor-changer-autoloads
transient-posframe-autoloads better-jumper-autoloads
buffer-move-autoloads rotate-autoloads mini-frame-autoloads
embark-consult-autoloads embark-autoloads consult-autoloads
orderless-autoloads cape-autoloads corfu-prescient-autoloads
corfu-autoloads vertico-prescient-autoloads vertico-autoloads
prescient-autoloads tabspaces-autoloads modern-tab-bar-autoloads
which-key-posframe-autoloads which-key-autoloads popup-mode-autoloads
hide-mode-line-autoloads evil-anzu-autoloads anzu-autoloads
titlecase-autoloads wgrep-autoloads yasnippet-autoloads
form-feed-autoloads drag-stuff-autoloads dtrt-indent-autoloads
ws-butler-autoloads evil-collection-autoloads annalist-autoloads
evil-mc-autoloads evil-numbers-autoloads speeddating-autoloads
evil-little-word-autoloads evil-matchit-autoloads
evil-nerd-commenter-autoloads evil-visualstar-autoloads
evil-surround-autoloads vundo-autoloads undo-fu-session-autoloads
ztree-autoloads dwim-shell-command-autoloads treemacs-tab-bar-autoloads
treemacs-magit-autoloads magit-autoloads git-commit-autoloads
magit-section-autoloads with-editor-autoloads treemacs-evil-autoloads
evil-autoloads goto-chg-autoloads treemacs-autoloads
ace-window-autoloads avy-autoloads pfuture-autoloads ht-autoloads
cfrs-autoloads all-the-icons-autoloads rainbow-mode-autoloads
posframe-autoloads ns-auto-titlebar-autoloads nano-modeline-autoloads
nano-theme-autoloads memoize-autoloads envrc-autoloads
inheritenv-autoloads helpful-autoloads f-autoloads elisp-refs-autoloads
s-autoloads dired-subtree-autoloads dired-hacks-utils-autoloads
dash-autoloads server pcase hydra ring lv edmacro kmacro compdef derived
compdef-autoloads hydra-autoloads lv-autoloads leader-key bind-map
leader-key-autoloads bind-map-autoloads no-littering compat
no-littering-autoloads elpaca-use-package use-package use-package-ensure
use-package-delight use-package-diminish use-package-bind-key bind-key
easy-mmode use-package-core elpaca-use-package-autoloads elpaca-log
elpaca-ui url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history
url-cookie generate-lisp-file url-domsuf url-util url-parse auth-source
eieio eieio-core password-cache json map byte-opt url-vars mailcap
comp-run cl-macs elpaca elpaca-process elpaca-autoloads comp cl-seq
comp-cstr comp-common warnings subr-x rx gv bytecomp byte-compile
cl-extra help-mode icons cl-loaddefs cl-lib display-line-numbers rmc
iso-transl tooltip cconv eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/ns-win ns-win
ucs-normalize mule-util term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu
timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core
term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic
indonesian philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button loaddefs
theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget keymap
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads kqueue cocoa ns lcms2
multi-tty make-network-process native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 1421623 2049594) (symbols 48 62763 153) (strings 32 367283 95392)
 (string-bytes 1 9464544) (vectors 16 106765) (vector-slots 8 2084266 570733)
 (floats 8 1854 6387) (intervals 56 28855 5215) (buffers 992 33))