Subject: Re: bug#71823: 31.0.50; project-mode-line and eglot duplicate project-name in mode-line

From: João Távora <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2024 01:25:32 +0100

On Sat, Jun 29, 2024, 15:24 Spencer Baugh <[email-masked]> wrote:

Or, here's an alternative idea, more aggressive:
>
> What if Eglot just sets project-mode-line=t in eglot-managed buffers, and
> removes the project-name from the Eglot entry entirely?
>
> Then the language identifier would be the major mode, the project
> identifier would be project-mode-line, and the eglot status indicator would
> just be for the status of the server.
>

Works for me, it's in line with Eglot's policy of setting other modes when
managing buffers. Show a patch.

But also, my idea of eglot-mode-line-format should be alsoh considered.
AFAICT there no big technical hurdle, it's just relatively boring work and
some naming decisions to make. And as I mentioned, it would fix more issues
than just the one at hand.

João