Subject: Re: [bug#71821] [PATCH v3] gnu: petsc: scrub build machine specifics

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2024 19:24:35 +0200

Hi Lars,

Lars Bilke <[email-masked]> skribis:

> Resending patch because of CI failure.
>
> 'Libraries compiled on' does not have to be removed since PETSc 3.9:
>
> https: //gitlab.com/petsc/petsc/-/commit/a970bd748978a4e12790be7c36b10e832ec0149f
>
> Also merged all add-after 'install phases into `clean-install.
>
> Change-Id: I41d82339e43187d7dc7e3fc189a338784c363c68
>
> sort source files in generated makefiles for reproducibility
>
> Change-Id: I86e5b9cd0d7184019617bd8ae9a23eaf459891d7

I applied this patch; however, I took the liberty to leave out phase
merges, which are unrelated to the reproducibility issue and should be
discussed separately, for the sake of clarity (though in general I would
recommend short, focused phases rather than large hard-to-override
phases).

Pushed as 31fe177a97bacec643180cc5bcf8805a6cb07481.

Thanks!

Ludo’.