Subject: Re: bug#71820: 29.3; Org mode not working

From: nitin choudhary <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2024 11:33:02 +0530

How to use GDB, I tried installing msys2 emacs and cygwin emacs-w32 as
well, both of them clean installed, zero config, opened and did M-x
org-version, same result freezes on enter, and I can C-g to cancel it and
emacs back to normal, emacs is working fine, its just org-mode not working
at all, how can I debug this using GDB or any other way? I did tried
debug-on-entry, no result there as well. Now, I'm starting to believe
something has changed on my windows system, but what it is, I did updates
and checked permissions, seems fine. I really need to fix this, I thought
using msys2/cygwin won't have this problem, but surprisingly they're also
not working!!

On Sat, Jun 29, 2024 at 1:35 PM Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> wrote:

> [Please use Reply All to reply, to keep the bug tracker CC'ed.]
>
> > From: nitin choudhary <[email-masked]>
> > Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2024 07:47:18 +0530
> >
> > Yes, it's happening in emacs -Q too, everything was working fine, I
> changed nothing in my config, or pc, it just
> > stopped working, deleted everything, uninstalled emacs, installed emacs
> and did emacs -Q, still same :/
>
> Then I don't know what happens in your case, sorry.  Unless someone
> else can reproduce and debug this, I'd say it's something specific to
> your system.  If you have GDB installed, maybe try to attach it to
> Emacs when it hangs, and produce a backtrace to tell us where it
> hangs.  This could give us some hints regarding the possible
> reason(s).
>