Subject: bug#71782: closed (Re: [bug#71782] [PATCH v5 3/4] gnu: torbrowser: Update to 13.5.3 [security fixes].)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2024 20:34:04 +0000

Your bug report

#71782: [PATCH 0/3] gnu: torbrowser: Update to 13.5.

which was filed against the guix-patches package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
71782: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=71782
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: [bug#71782] [PATCH v5 3/4] gnu: torbrowser: Update to 13.5.3 [security fixes].
From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
To: Ian Eure <[email-masked]>
Cc: André Batista <[email-masked]>, [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2024 22:32:54 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello,

Ian Eure <[email-masked]> skribis:

> This all looks good to me.  I built and ran both browsers and they
> seem to be working how I’d expect.

Based on your feedback I applied v5 of this patch series.  Thanks to the
two of you!

BTW, one of you might want to consider applying for commit rights to
speed up the process of applying patches in your scope.  Mark H Weaver
does have commit rights but he tends to pay less attention to email.

Thanks,
Ludo’.

Subject: [PATCH 0/3] gnu: torbrowser: Update to 13.5.
From: André Batista <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: André Batista <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2024 10:38:17 -0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

This patch series updates torbrowser to its latest stable version. In order to
do so, it also updates
go-gitlab-torproject-org-tpo-anti-censorship-pluggable-transports-lyrebird to
0.2.0, which now depends on the new
go-gitlab-torproject-org-tpo-anti-censorship-pluggable-transports-webtunnel.

Bridge logic has been changed upstream and we don't need the old add-bridges
phase.

ld became unsupported, but lld only breaks cargo rustc invocations, so we now
use the lld-as-ld-wrapper (thanks).

llvm was updated to version 16 to mimick what upstream does.

Cheers,

André Batista (3):
  gnu: Add
    go-gitlab-torproject-org-tpo-anti-censorship-pluggable-transports-webtunnel.
  gnu:
    go-gitlab-torproject-org-tpo-anti-censorship-pluggable-transports-lyrebird:
    Update to 0.2.0.
  gnu: torbrowser: Update to 13.5.

 gnu/packages/golang.scm       | 33 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++---
 gnu/packages/tor-browsers.scm | 35 ++++++++++++++++-------------------
 2 files changed, 46 insertions(+), 22 deletions(-)

-- 
2.45.1