Subject: bug#71768: 31.0.50; Filling jsdoc text doesn't work in js-ts-mode

From: Damien Cassou <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2024 21:28:28 +0200

Hi,

in a commit recently merged in master (0edacf2aa7e53), js-ts-mode has
been improved to use the jsdoc treesitter grammar on documentation. Font
lock works great but M-q doesn't fill long lines.

To reproduce, make sure your Emacs contains the above-mentioned commit
and make sure you have the jsdoc treesitter grammar available. Then,
save the attached JavaScript file to your disk and execute:

$ emacs -Q --eval "(progn (find-file \"/home/cassou/tmp/test.js\") (js-ts-mode))"

Move point to the middle of line 2 (or line 4) and press M-q.

Expected: The paragraph is filled.

Actual: Nothing changes.

I tried changing the value of `c-ts-common--comment-regexp' to include
"description" (as this is what the jsdoc parser uses for text) but the
result is worse. I also tried reusing `js-fill-paragraph' but that fails
as well.

I would be happy to implement something and send a patch but I have no
idea were to start.

-- 
Damien Cassou

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another without
losing enthusiasm." --Winston Churchill