Subject: bug#71716: [PATCH] Add new completion-preview-insert-{word, sexp} commands

From: Jules Tamagnan <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2024 22:49:02 -0700

Eshel Yaron <[email-masked]> writes:

> Thank you, pushed to master as commit b3017e7c252, after some tweaks to
> the commit message.  I've also pushed a follow up commit (9cb2a204088)
> with some minor refinements, see the commit message for details.  One
> notable change is that completion-preview-partial-insert does not force
> point to the position of the preview overlay ("end") before calling the
> motion function.  This makes completion-preview-insert-word behave more
> like forward-word when point is in the middle of a multi-word symbol,
> with the completion preview at the end of that symbol.  I've added
> another test case that demonstrates this behavior.
>
> Could you please give it a try to make sure that everything still works
> as you expect?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Eshel

I've taken this change around the block since yesterday and everything
seems to be working exactly as I would expect it to. I've also reviewed
the cleanup that you did and tried to take some notes, especially on the
commit message. Thanks again for all of the work that you put into
creating this packaging in the first place, helping me through my
change, and cleaning up the rough edges in the aftermath.

Best,
Jules