Subject: bug#71716: [PATCH] Add new completion-preview-insert-{word, sexp} commands

From: Jules Tamagnan <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2024 17:45:05 -0700

Jules Tamagnan <[email-masked]> writes:

> The second patch
> `completion-preview-partial-insertion-with-region-delete.patch` is the
> version of the change that uses in-buffer deletion. There's not much to
> say here, it seems quite a bit more robust.

I guess one thing to mention is that the use of `full-end` and `new-end`
could be replaced by `(+ (length aft) end)` and `(point)` respectively
which I had originally avoided to reduce calculations but might better
fit the style of the code.

Another idea would be to add a test proving that
`(completion-preview--insert-partial #'end-of-buffer)` will never place
the point too far. I have tested this on my own but haven't written a
test for it.

There are surely other style comments too, maybe the use of whitespace
within a function is considered bad form?

As always open to any and all feedback. Thanks in advance.

Best,
Jules