Subject: bug#71712: 29.3; Crash on OpenBSD

From: Kirill A. Korinsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2024 14:36:09 +0100

On Thu, 27 Jun 2024 13:33:37 +0100,
Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> Too bad.  How do people debug programs on OpenBSD, if GDB doesn't work
> there?
>

Here a tricky part: I have used GDB on OpenBSD more than once, which
includes attaching to a process on my mail servers when I hunt a bugs inside
it. And it works well.

Emacs is the first application which I can't debug on OpenBSD.

> > So, I run it with better core dump as the only option that I have.
> 
> Then I'm not sure we will be able to solve this bug, at least not
> without a lot of printf-debugging and examining the possibly
> voluminous output.

Probably here is third approach.

You had said that this is possible to achive it from elisp. This is
something new, and I use doomemacs as the base for my config. I haven't
touched mine config recently, but doomemacs were upgraded. The good news it
had one large upgrade with few dozen commits since April [1].

Probably I ma use the diff of changes to find potential bad call or
callback.

Footnotes:
[1]  https://github.com/doomemacs/doomemacs/commits/master/?after=a24ff58a5afea0f2ba1bab85cc39f5c49a688e97+34

-- 
wbr, Kirill