Subject: bug#71711: 30.0.50; w32-get-ime-open-status always return t

From: Eason Huang <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 22 Jun 2024 08:00:05 +0800

Hello Emacs,

With the latest version of Windows 10 and Windows 11, the
`w32-get-ime-open-status` and `w32-set-ime-open-status` doesn't works
anymore.

The `w32-get-ime-open-status` will alway return t.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Start Emacs with ` emacs -Q`
2. open any buffer(ex. *scratch*)
3. make sure ativate an input method, here I use the Microsoft Pinyin in
system

4. eval `w32-get-ime-open-status` in *scratch* , return t
3. eval `(w32-set-ime-open-status nil)` and then eval
`w32-get-ime-open-status`, it also return t. nil is expected

----
Eason Huang

In GNU Emacs 30.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-w64-mingw32) of 2024-06-22 built
 on DESKTOP-JDOSHSI
built with commit: 60070d0d749ecd711949683108305fe50bf39d1a

Windowing system distributor 'Microsoft Corp.', version 10.0.22621
System Description: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro (v10.0.2009.22621.3737)

Configured using:
 'configure --without-native-compilation --without-dbus'

Configured features:
ACL GIF GMP GNUTLS HARFBUZZ JPEG LCMS2 LIBXML2 MODULES NOTIFY W32NOTIFY
PDUMPER PNG RSVG SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS
TREE_SITTER WEBP XPM ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: CHS
  locale-coding-system: cp936

Major mode: ELisp/d

Minor modes in effect:
  text-scale-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  minibuffer-regexp-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message mailcap yank-media puny dired
dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg rfc6068
epg-config gnus-util text-property-search mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047
rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils time-date subr-x
face-remap vc-git diff-mode track-changes easy-mmode vc-dispatcher
cl-loaddefs cl-lib china-util rmc iso-transl tooltip cconv eldoc paren
electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel
touch-screen dos-w32 ls-lisp disp-table term/w32-win w32-win w32-vars
term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register
page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors
frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic indonesian philippine
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript
charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure
cl-preloaded button loaddefs theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp
files window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env
code-pages mule custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote
threads w32notify w32 lcms2 multi-tty move-toolbar make-network-process
emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 49180 12401) (symbols 48 6108 0) (strings 32 16373 1421)
 (string-bytes 1 380505) (vectors 16 10846)
 (vector-slots 8 180334 11534) (floats 8 29 83) (intervals 56 504 34)
 (buffers 992 14))