Subject: bug#71700: The Archiving functionality of guix lint should be opt-in and Documented more prominently

From: Richard Sent <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 22 Jun 2024 09:21:01 -0400

I think channel level configuration of some form for code archival is a
good idea so individual channels can choose to disable it. I also agree
that we should make the fact that guix lint does archival more
prominent.

I disagree with a statement that permission is required, but I'll avoid
rehashing the discussion ongoing in guix-devel. [1]

I think there is a good reason to support disabling archival at the
channel level. Simon, do you think your patch can/will manage that?

> Somehow I disagree with this.  And I propose the generic approach that
> allows to exclude any checkers from the package definition using the
> field properties.
> 
> See <https://issues.guix.gnu.org/71697#1>.

[1]: https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2024-06/msg00192.html

-- 
Take it easy,
Richard Sent
Making my computer weirder one commit at a time.