Subject: bug#71684: [PATCH v2] doc: Document the peek and pk procedures.

From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 14 Sep 2024 00:47:43 +0900

Hi Juliana,

I hope you are still around.

[...]

>> +@code{pk} improves on using @code{write} directly because it enables
>> +inspection of the state of code as it runs without breaking the normal
>> +code flow.  It is also more convenient than a full debugger because it
>> +does not require the program to be stopped for inspection.  Here is a
>> +basic example:
>
> I hadn't commented on that last sentence before, but if I knew how to
> have the Guile debugger reliably break where I want it to (I don't, or
> somehow haven't managed to have it work well), I don't think using 'pk',
> which requires editing files before and after debugging, could be
> described as more convenient :-).

I think your new addition above could be modified lightly like:

+@code{pk} improves on using @code{write} directly because it enables
+inspection of the state of code as it runs without breaking the normal
+code flow.  It is also sometimes more practical than a full debugger
+because it does not require the program to be stopped for inspection.
+Here is a basic example:

With the above change, I'd like to see this in the Guile manual :-).
Would you be able to send an easily applicable v3?  Then the last step
would be to tap on the shoulder of a committer in #guile.

-- 
Thanks,
Maxim