Subject: bug#7167: 23.2; w32-shell-execute doc

From: Jason Rumney <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Oct 2010 22:18:12 +0800

Juanma Barranquero <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Thu, Oct 7, 2010 at 05:57, Christoph <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
>> Juanma, let me know if I can help troubleshoot this.
>
> I think it is an issue with the binary distribution of Emacs 23.2 for
> Windows, not with 23.2 per se, because I have my own build of it and
> the problem is not present.
>
> Likely the fix will simply be to rebuild the official binary
> distribution of 23.2.

It sounds like the problem could be a stale DOC file. Sean, did you run
make install after building, or did you just copy the exe files into the
bin directory by hand?

When I built the binaries, I always started from a fresh directory, and
used make install to ensure everything was in place.

It could also be caused by the recent changes to the install and
packaging targets for Windows failing to copy or package all the
required files.  I'm not sure if those changes went into the Emacs 23
branch, if so then they may need checking.